Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Cache path not defined for compiled files!

• Re: Cache path not defined for compiled files!

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Hello all, I have the same issue here, I thought i had it isolated to a component but turned out not to be. I am using Gantry 5 and Callisto.

I put in a ticket with my host siteground. the reply is below.
      php.net/manual/en/class.badmethodcallexception.php

The documentation clearly indicates that the reason for the issue at hand is an exception thrown if a callback refers to an undefined method or if some arguments are missing. It seems that the missing argument is actually the location of the user which is relayed via the browser. During my tests I have checked your application in Chrome and Firefox. In Firefox the issue was occurring but in Chrome I have noticed that after I allowed chrome to use my location via a pop-up the page was loading without any problem.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Richard Frazier.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Cache path not defined for compiled files!

• Richard Frazier - thank you for the information - I know the other members with this issue aren't using sobipro though - nevertheless I have passed the information on to our DEVS in case it gives any more clues to help them resolve this.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• I am following the github discussion on issue #478. I am reading in there that the issue has been resolved, is there a download or something?

• I received a reply from Djamil Legato at github to download the latest gantry ci nightly release. I downloaded and installed it but now recieving different errors.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The remaining related issues are just be fixed as I speak now. So, you can download the CI build again and try that. If you want to regress to RC3 then download and install that in extensions manager.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Hi Mark,
      I have been watching this closely and have downloaded the latest CI Build. However , it is giving the error below now. Are the latest builds for the Hydrogen theme only?

Cache path not defined for compiled file (/home/chris772/public_html/templates/rt_callisto/gantry/theme.yaml)!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The latest CI build of Gantry 5 is all you need. It's Gantry 5 that needs updating not any template. But yes, we only do CI builds of the hydrogen template - but that's not relevant here.

Did you clear browser cache and server cache after installing the CI build of Gantry 5?

Regards, Mark.

• Mr. T,

I have cleared all cache on my browser and no cache is on from the server, (siteground VPS)

Cache path not defined for compiled file (/home/chris772/public_html/templates/rt_callisto/gantry/theme.yaml)!

Open: /home/chris772/public_html/libraries/gantry5/classes/Gantry/Component/File/CompiledFile.php
      * @param mixed $var
      * @return string
      * @throws \BadMethodCallException
      */
      public function content($var = null)
      {
      if (!$this->cachePath) {
      throw new \BadMethodCallException("Cache path not defined for compiled file ({$this->filename})!");
      }
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Richard Frazier - Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds