Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' Unable to load renderer class

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' Unable to load renderer class

Posted 9 years 5 days ago
    • This message contains only secure information that is visible to Matt, moderators and administrators
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • sbrant
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • I just found this error in a site that is otherwise working fine. I was unaware of it untill testing for search listing using the site:yoursitenamehere in Google. I found one listing and it's for this runtime exception. Tragic that the only page listed so far is an error...

I've added this error and the page link in the secure section.

I tested several other RT themed sites this same way and found no issue. Maybe rt_ricochet specific?

Ricochet v1.0

Gantry v4.1.29

Joomla! 3.4.3
  • Re: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' Unable to load renderer class

• It does appear that some templates - Metropolis for example are particularly prone to this error.

Try this: turn off 'Adds Suffix to URL' in the Joomla Global configuration and the correct 404 error page will be displayed.

Test by visiting a non existant page on the site: eg. www.yoursite/elephants
      Then add a non html file file type to the end eg www.yoursite/elephants.pdf

Sometimes you will see the error (as opposed to the 404 error page) on the front of the site or simply a blank page, but the error will be looged in the server log file.

• Hello

this is not a direct issue of rockettheme templates, but it is good if a check for current Joomla document type is added

about parameter:
      'Adds Suffix to URL'

there is an issue with it because some systems plugins may force Joomla to create the document Type before the suffix is considered

- this maybe revised in v4.0

See my thread in
      Calling JHTML::_('behaviour...') inside event onAfterInitialize event breaks URLs created via parameter "Add suffix to URL" by creating wrong JDocument type

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/7459
    • sbrant
    • Hero Rocketeer

• You are right. The error is thrown if there is a non existant file - but only if that file has an extension. Disabling Add Suffix to URL does clear up the issue.

It seems to be related, although Page Suffix in RT template manager Advanced tab doesn't seem to do anything. Is it advisable to enable or disable Page Suffix?

• The issue with turning off 'Adds Suffix to URL' on a site that is indexed in the search engines is the subsequent 404 errors that result.
      It appears that many sites have the problem: Google "joomla/document/document.php on line 1018" to see how widespread it is.
      In my case, the sites were running well and I was not able to create the error from any normal activity on the sites. Only by cross referencing the error and access logs was I able to see where the errors had been generated. As the number of these errors were small I was able to redirect them to prevent the errors appearing.

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Adds Suffix to URL has always been turned off on our site. We still have the issue.

The mention of "non-existant file" (like a missing image) possibly causing the error is interesting. But I'm not conviced that is the root of the issue.

"Unable to load renderer class", suggests to me that some file has a bad include for the "renderer class", or the "renderer class" method being used is passing the wrong parameters, or has the wrong data/var-type for the passed parameters, or is missing a requiered parameter to be able to load the "render class"

Which of those cases and what is the issue file at the root of the problem is the real question.

• I can confirm that following the steps

1. get any invalid URL of your website (http://yoursite(dot)site/some-ugly-page)
      2. add to it to ?format=raw or ?format=json or ?format=xml

Will cause this error.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by jtechmedical. Reason: insure there is no link in the example

• I can confirm the error does not occur with replication steps provided when tested against the Joomla 3.4+ default templates
      • Beez3
      • protostar

• I reviewed the suggested fix. Unfortunetly it does not solve this issue.

I also noticed a "global" assignment to a variable in the error.php file. This global assignment should be addressed.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds