Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' Unable to load renderer class

• Re: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' Unable to load renderer class

Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    • yes still an issue. see secure for errors
    • Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by jtechmedical.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' Unable to load renderer class

• Ok, I see that said your host was cloudaccess.net previously... and I see the errors path back to their domain... do they do any sort of CDN caching or other caching? Are you able to install/run Gantry locally to your site/domain?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• I do not believe there is any caching or CDN with this hosting service.
      I do have a replicated site at another host that I use for some development tasks. I don't seem to have the same issue or errors on that site even though the "enviroment" should be setup about the same.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I wish I had some hard and fast answers for you....

There's RuntimeException's being thrown on a Joomla component, with RT components in the stack trace... we saw something similar when J3 was first released but it was patched in a version of Gantry several releases before the most current version, which you state you are running...

After looking at the errors more closely I don't think Gantry is being executed off domain, or via CDN... but it'd be nice to confirm with your host.

when you say you have a "replicated site at another host" -- is it an EXACT replicate? Would it be possible to exactly replicate your site and test on the other host to see if that narrows the issue?
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• Yes, it is an "exact" replica running on another host in a password protected directory. The replicated site is used exclusivly for our internal site development. Although it is an exact replica, there are some small differences in our custom download component. All other aspects of the site are exactly the same.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• If you disable sh404SEF do the errors go away? That plugin gave me nothing but pain back in the day when I tried using it... I personally don't think it's supposed SEO benefits outweigh the conflicts it caused me... at least a year or so ago...

I mean... if you've got identical sites on 2 separate hosts, one with issues, one without... I'd start looking at server environment very closely... first I'd try and make them EXACTLY identical in that I'd disable all components on the erroring site that the working site does not have enabled

• I've used sh404sef for a number of years, there is definiately some work needed to make everything work, but it is getting better and easier. There are a few things like extensions that have to be forced to use the joomla router that are annoying. We also see a higher CPU load on sites with sh404SEF (not that the developer will ever acknowledge the higher CPU load is caused by sh404SEF).

Admintools .htaccess maker has some similar quarks, a few components are coded in a way that require direct access to specific php files, direct access to php files is something that Admintools .htaccess maker specifically prevents. Everyonce in a while we have to add exceptions to make something work propperly (I tried adding an exception to the template error.php file, unfortunately that didn't solve the error)

As for disabling sh404SEF I haven't tried that; but if I alter the error page settings for sh404SEF so the errors go to the default sh404SEF 404 article, I get a 404 error for the http://[mydomain]/error.php page. If I change the configuration back to using the template error.php file I get the Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' Unable to load renderer class error with the stack trace.

Although I have previously changed the the sh404sef error page settings back to the default and then back to the template error.php file and still had the error; this time I wasn't able to replicate the error initially.

I did make one small change in the joomla global configuration, "Adds Suffix to URL" was set to "yes", changing that to "no" resolved the error. Changing "Adds Suffix to URL" back to "yes" will cause the error again.

Steps known about the error for replication:
      Joomla global configuration "Adds Suffix to URL" set to "yes"
      sh404SEF error page settings set to use an rt theme template error.php file (Sub-template for display field has just "error" in it)
      go to the page http://[mydomain]/error.php

possible steps needed to reproduce the error:
      Use akeeba admintools .htaccess maker.
    • The following users have thanked you: Matt

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Thank you for the details.

• Looks like I was too optimistic in thinking this error was resolved. Looking at the server logs this morning there was another Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' Unable to load renderer class error. On the upside it seems the number of these errors was reduced with the global setting change, and the http://[mydomain]/error.php and http://[mydomain]/default.php pages are no longer white screens but proper 404 errors.

Posted 9 years 9 months ago
    • looks like this is a conflict issue with admin tools .htaccess maker rules for Advanced server protection. rule exceptions for the following files were added which resolved the last of the errors. All of these rules might not be needed, selective testing could resolve the question of which file is actually requireing direct php access and by not having direct php access is failing and thus causing the runtime exception.
      RewriteRule ^templates\/rt_ximenia_responsive\/error\.php$ - [L]
      RewriteRule ^templates\/rt_ximenia_responsive\/features\/fusionmenu\.php$ - [L]
      RewriteRule ^libraries\/gantry\/core\/gantry\.class\.php$ - [L]
      RewriteRule ^libraries\/gantry\/core\/renderers\/gantrymodulesrenderer\.class\.php$ - [L]

here is a link for more details about admintools .htaccess maker's advanced server protection and when exceptions should be used.
    • The following users have thanked you: Matt

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds