Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' Unable to load renderer class

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' Unable to load renderer class

Posted 9 years 9 months ago
    • Thanks for the update. Can this be marked [SOLVED]?
    • The following users have thanked you: melissio

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
  • Re: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' Unable to load renderer class

• I do believe we have come up with a "solution" to the issue, but I think there a question that needs to be answered to determine if this can be marked "solved".

Can that direct php file access requirement be eliminated?

Personally I would prefer to not have an exception rule in place. As such my prefered solution would be to have the direct php file access resolved in the gantry framework for this to be considered solved.

• Looks like eventhough we did not have this error for several days following the addition of the exception rules for the listed php file, this afternoon something triggered the error again.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' Unable to load renderer class

• I mean, it looks like you've narrowed it down to a conflict with Admin Tools .htaccess Maker

I'm not a developer, but RT does not typically make production code changes to support other 3rd party extensions

We appreciate you posting your workaround here as it may prove helpful for other members...
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

• Well that was our assumption. We are less confident with this issue being a conflict with admintools .htaccess maker after reviewing the servier logs from the past weekend.
      To eliminate the possibility of the issue being a conflict with admintools .htaccess maker we are adding the following lines to the .htaccess file, this will test exceptions against all files listed in the stack trace. We hope this resolves the issue, but we will monitor over the next week to see if it comes up again. If the issue persists, we will try switching to the core joomla .htaccess file to test full conflict status with admintools .htaccess maker. Assuming the issue persists with the core joomla .htaccess file, I will see if we can narrow anything else now and a possible root cause. Personally I'm less confident about what could be causing the issue, and more wondering what is triggering it, since there is no "referer" information to go off of in the error log.

RewriteRule ^libraries\/joomla\/document\/error\/error\.php$ - [L]
      RewriteRule ^libraries\/joomla\/document\/document\.php$ - [L]

• Our test with the additional exceptions did not resolve this issue. We are now moving to testing with the default joomla .htaccess file to eleminate admintools .htaccess maker rules as a source of the issue.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by jtechmedical.

Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    • Did you ever clarify the cause and thus the solution to this error?
    • Freeing minds from the Matrix...
      GemstoneUniversity.org

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • We have not been able to clarify the cause or find an effective solution to this error.

Posted 9 years 1 week ago
    • Hello

some extensions will raise 403 or 404 execeptions , will ... format is 'raw', or other non 'html' formats !

e.g. typically format is raw for ajax calls, etc

i don't think that asking the framework to render an error page while format is raw is correct !!!

but anyway RocketTheme needs to check inside the template if format is raw because it is calling CLASS methods that do not exist when JDocument format is 'raw' or is 'feed' or 'json' or 'xml', etc ...

To fix this in J3.x, add at the top of the error.php of your template:

$_format = JFactory::getApplication()->input->get('format', 'html');
      if ($_format=='raw') {
      	die('Execption with ERROR code:'.$this->error->getCode().' thrown by --RAW-- format URL: '. JURI::current());
      }

similar checks should be if format is 'feed', 'json', 'xml'
      e.g.

if (in_array($_format, array('raw','feed', 'json', 'xml'))) {
        // do something differently
      }
    • The following users have thanked you: Hola789432, jtechmedical, Matt

Posted 9 years 1 week ago
    • Hello

i forgot to mention to see how the PHP fatal error occuring inside your browser by the current error.php of the template, because now you only usually get it inside the error_log files

do this:

1. get any invalid URL of your website
      2. add to it to ?format=raw or (&format=raw) ... or ?format=json or ?format=xml

again it is probably bad idea by extension to throw such error while format is non HTML but it is good if check is added inside the error.php because the current PHP fatal error is misleading and provides not info of what happened

Maybe this is better ? (anyway template developers looking into this, will probably get better code):
      (--ADD the code after the check if $this->error isset)
      $_format = JFactory::getApplication()->input->get('format', 'html');
      if ($_format!='html') {  // catch ALL non html formats, or maybe output special e.g. if xml output XML ??
          die(
              'Exception with ERROR code:'.$this->error->getCode()
              .' Thrown by --"'.$_format.'"-- format URL: '. JURI::current()
              .' Error: '.$this->error->getMessage()
          );
      }
    • Last Edit: 9 years 1 week ago by George Papadakis.
    • The following users have thanked you: Hola789432, jtechmedical

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds