Welcome Guest! Login
1 items / $24.00 Checkout

Restricted Access

• Jazzie
    • Rocketeer

Restricted Access

Posted 15 years 10 months ago
    • Hi All,

I have just installed Joomla_RT_Chromatophore_j15 manually on the root directory and now when i log in I get 'restricted acces'.

Can anyone help?
  • Re: Restricted Access

• Did you upload all the files and was there a J! install before?
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
    • Jazzie
    • Rocketeer

Re: Restricted Access

• Yeah i have done a reinstall and most things seem to work, however i cannot seem to modify the global configuration via joomla backend. I can only update it via dragging the configuration.php-dist to my desktop, modifying it in dreamweaver and then uploading it via ftp.

Does this seem normal?

• That is a permissions error. Btw, editing the configuration.php-dist file won't do anything.
    • Jazzie
    • Rocketeer

• Ahhh ok, do you know how i can change the permissions for the global config?

• You can usually do that in your FTP client by right clicking on the files and finding permissions or CHMOD
    • Jazzie
    • Rocketeer

• Do you know which files i should right click on? Also i'm using Fetch on a mac so will this make a difference? :)

• That's the only FTP client I don't use lol, I have around 5 :)

The Mac client should behave in the same manner, just CHMOD and see.

Btw, you are installing the right version of the template?
    • Jazzie
    • Rocketeer

• Yeah i have installed the correct version and i actually installed another template on a different site to see what would happen. This site also has restricted access as well.

I have tried to change the permissions on the administrator/index.php file however i still do not have access to save any changes in global config and another error comes up.

Orginal error was:
      Forbidden
      You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
      Internal Server Error

Now I get:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is it possible if i gave you the details of my site you could have a look?

Cheers, J
    • Last Edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Jazzie.

• I really advise asking at forum.joomla.org as its probably J! related and I've never had the problem myself.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds