Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Kinetic February 2010 Template Released!

• Kinetic February 2010 Template Released!

Posted 14 years 2 months ago
    • Kinetic, the February 2010 Club Template release, has a versatile and flexible design, styled with scrupulous precision, and founded on the functional, feature rich Gantry v2.0 core.

The theme's impressive collection of preset styles, and complimentary module variations are key to the design's appeal, offering an array of stylistic tools to refine your content. Kinetic also sports a triple level splitmenu, similar to the menu system deployed on the RocketTheme site, as well as Fusion still being available.

Summary Features List:

* Gantry Framework 2.0
      * 8 Style Variations - 3 Detail Levels
      * 5 Showcase Variations [Gantry Configurable]
      * RTL Support
      * RT Extensions Styling
      * Custom Typography
      * Javascript Form Styling
      * Fusion Menu & SplitMenu
      * 20 Module Variations
      * Over 60 Module Positions
      * FF3.5, Opera, Safari 4, IE7,8 Compatible
      * Limited IE6 Support
      * W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional. W3C CSS 3 Valid

Demo: http://demo.rockettheme.com/?template=kinetic

Details: Kinetic Template Details

Support: Kinetic forum.

Downloads: http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla-downloads/
    • James Spencer / Developer & Support / Hull, UK
    • fireman
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Kinetic February 2010 Template Released!

• Looks nice so far!
    • I eat my words regularly. I recommend pepper and a hint of basil!
    • DianaRae
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• absolutely awesome :)
    • Diana Rae
      *I was a blond in my past life - please be patient*
    • Invision
    • Hero Rocketeer

• First impression, I said No. Had a look at style 3, changed my Mind :mrgreen:

Like andy said its more 'Business' , But am happy with it
    • Apache Version 2.2.14 (Unix) | PHP Version 5.2.12 | MySQL Version 5.1.43-log | Architecture x86_64 | OS Linux | Joomla Version 1.5.20 | pHpBB v3.0.7-PL1 | Firefox v3.6.8 | Internet Explorer 8 |
  • Re: Kinetic February 2010 Template Released!

• You still rock but in my opinion they all look pretty much the same lately. I'm sure there is a lot of goodies under the hood.
  • Re: Kinetic February 2010 Template Released!

• Jerker Reden wrote:
      You still rock but in my opinion they all look pretty much the same lately. I'm sure is a lot of goodies under the hood.
      I do have to agree with some of what has been said. Most of the recent template extremely similar. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic designs and whoever created them are extremely clever. However, it's getting to the stage where the templates being produced are just not the type of design that I can make any use of. I think the nexus template is the most recent one I have used, the rest of them are older ones like versatility, catalyst. I can't speak for anyone else but I really don't think I'm going to be able to justify spending several hundred pounds a year when I am not really using any of the template's.
    • http://www.Oscarfishlover.com - the website for great Oscar Fish advice and help
    • joev
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Penn Wooding wrote:
      Jerker Reden wrote:
      You still rock but in my opinion they all look pretty much the same lately. I'm sure is a lot of goodies under the hood.
      I do have to agree with some of what has been said. Most of the recent template extremely similar. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic designs and whoever created them are extremely clever. However, it's getting to the stage where the templates being produced are just not the type of design that I can make any use of. I think the nexus template is the most recent one I have used, the rest of them are older ones like versatility, catalyst. I can't speak for anyone else but I really don't think I'm going to be able to justify spending several hundred pounds a year when I am not really using any of the template's.

I tend to agree. I just can't get my head around this one. The design and development work is always great, but the colors in this template and the overall feel, just don't work for me.
    • fireman
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I think I know what you all are saying.

Let me offer this:
      You have to step back from being the developer for a moment. As a developer you are 'geeked' on the "super cool"; "hype"; "upper level"; "graphic intense"; "rockin'" plates. I get that!...and so am I.

However if you you really think about it, most of your clients have tastes that are more in line with this "type" of template. Most businesses tend to shy away from the "whiz-bang" looking websites, at least that's been my experience. I guarantee you that a doctors medical site; or breast cancer awareness; a construction site; government presence; or churches... etc, will think that customers wouldn't take them seriously with all the "laser blasting color" going on.

Andy and the gang have laid out all the stops on the futuristic "gamer" and "media" plates and they have been HOT, but truth be told, I would venture to say that its tough finding a "gamer-dude" to sell those plate to because they are so into technology that they can build their own sites.

This plate will sell BIG time and make you more $$ than most of the "slick" ones combined. I, after all, am in this for the money and I want to provide the plates that have all the nice functionality and "slidey thingies", while keeping the 'lid on' from a more believable business presence perspective.

Take a look around... most of the sites on the web (that are sustainable and pay the bills) are in the style of a plate more like this one.

Nice job....

Oh! and I hope none of you use this template so I can get the lion share of the business with it!

fireman
    • I eat my words regularly. I recommend pepper and a hint of basil!
    • Mr Toast
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Wanderer, philanderer, occasional web monkey

• I'll have too look at it more (especially considering the colour choices) but first impressions are everything and it looks much tighter than a few earlier templates and a good use of space! Nice work.
    • Cheers,
      Mr Toast says... keep toasting!
    • CoreyVM
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I think it looks very good and professional. I also like how they stayed neutral with this template unlike with Dominion with the specific backgrounds (space, ocean, etc.)

Keep up the good work!

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds