Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Kinetic February 2010 Template Released!

• Re: Kinetic February 2010 Template Released!

Posted 14 years 2 months ago
    • fireman wrote:
      I think I know what you all are saying.

Let me offer this:
      You have to step back from being the developer for a moment. As a developer you are 'geeked' on the "super cool"; "hype"; "upper level"; "graphic intense"; "rockin'" plates. I get that!...and so am I.

However if you you really think about it, most of your clients have tastes that are more in line with this "type" of template. Most businesses tend to shy away from the "whiz-bang" looking websites, at least that's been my experience. I guarantee you that a doctors medical site; or breast cancer awareness; a construction site; government presence; or churches... etc, will think that customers wouldn't take them seriously with all the "laser blasting color" going on.

Andy and the gang have laid out all the stops on the futuristic "gamer" and "media" plates and they have been HOT, but truth be told, I would venture to say that its tough finding a "gamer-dude" to sell those plate to because they are so into technology that they can build their own sites.

This plate will sell BIG time and make you more $$ than most of the "slick" ones combined. I, after all, am in this for the money and I want to provide the plates that have all the nice functionality and "slidey thingies", while keeping the 'lid on' from a more believable business presence perspective.

Take a look around... most of the sites on the web (that are sustainable and pay the bills) are in the style of a plate more like this one.

Nice job....

Oh! and I hope none of you use this template so I can get the lion share of the business with it!

fireman

Yes i'm sure you are right. I am more of a "hobby developer" with different type of clients. From Vintage moped clubs to Big indoors playgrounds. I'm not skilled enough to change the look very much. But on the other hand thoose who are only need one of the latest templates. My remark was my first reaction when i saw this new template and i have had the same thoughts lately and i haven't renewed my account because of that. But i will as soon as something useful for me shows up.

I am one of many who can't wait for the new templates to show up. I sit with my computer and reloads www.rockettheme.com every hour around the 28:th and forward.

English isn't my native language so i might use some "creative" spelling and choice of words.
    • Pim
    • Rocketeer

Re: Kinetic February 2010 Template Released!

• Wauw what a fantastic template is your Kinetic release. This is where I was waiting for. :D :cheesy:

This template is very useful, because it has the possibility to publish 'normal' and also serious issues.

I fully agree with thee quotes:
      Penn Wooding wrote:
      Jerker Reden wrote:
      You still rock but in my opinion they all look pretty much the same lately. I'm sure is a lot of goodies under the hood.
      I do have to agree with some of what has been said. Most of the recent template extremely similar. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic designs and whoever created them are extremely clever. However, it's getting to the stage where the templates being produced are just not the type of design that I can make any use of. I think the nexus template is the most recent one I have used, the rest of them are older ones like versatility, catalyst. I can't speak for anyone else but I really don't think I'm going to be able to justify spending several hundred pounds a year when I am not really using any of the template's.

In this period I'm working on a website for a professor in deafblindness issues. The last template to publish his work was Nexus. All the others tamplates are extreme hot and beautiful, but for me they are a bit too hot, too blizz. But, even I was already a bit on my way with Nexus, I'll restart using Kinetic.

I hope that next templates are like Kinetic. :D :D
    • RuiGato
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• This kind of template is the way to go IMHO. We can easely adpt it to the circunstances. This kind of design is like a swiss knife.

Congrats RT
    • twitter.com/ruigato
    • fireman
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Pim wrote:
      Wauw what a fantastic template is your Kinetic release. This is where I was waiting for. :D :cheesy:

This template is very useful, because it has the possibility to publish 'normal' and also serious issues.

I fully agree with thee quotes:
      Penn Wooding wrote:
      Jerker Reden wrote:
      You still rock but in my opinion they all look pretty much the same lately. I'm sure is a lot of goodies under the hood.
      I do have to agree with some of what has been said. Most of the recent template extremely similar. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic designs and whoever created them are extremely clever. However, it's getting to the stage where the templates being produced are just not the type of design that I can make any use of. I think the nexus template is the most recent one I have used, the rest of them are older ones like versatility, catalyst. I can't speak for anyone else but I really don't think I'm going to be able to justify spending several hundred pounds a year when I am not really using any of the template's.

In this period I'm working on a website for a professor in deafblindness issues. The last template to publish his work was Nexus. All the others tamplates are extreme hot and beautiful, but for me they are a bit too hot, too blizz. But, even I was already a bit on my way with Nexus, I'll restart using Kinetic.

I hope that next templates are like Kinetic. :D :D

Im confused!

You say you agree with the quotes and then you say the exact opposite.

The quotes are saying that the templates (including Kinetic) all look the same and not usable anymore. You are saying Kinetic is different and wonderful.

?????
    • I eat my words regularly. I recommend pepper and a hint of basil!
    • fireman
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• RuiGato wrote:
      This kind of template is the way to go IMHO. We can easely adpt it to the circunstances. This kind of design is like a swiss knife.

Congrats RT

YES INDEED!
    • Tyndie
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• With a few modifcations to the index file and removing the background creates a sleek silver template :)
    • Pim
    • Rocketeer

• Hi Fireman,

let me explain: I am really happy with Kinetic and I hope RT will make more such templates.

I started and ended my previous post with the statement I'm very positive about Kinectic :D .

Apparently - due to my moderate knowledge of the English language - I misunderstood the
      qoutes of Jerker Reden and Penn Wooding. I thought they ment Kinetic a change from to the previous ones. :shock:

Hope I made it clear so. :wink:

Pim
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• tho Kinetic is nothing new (navigation) under the sun (I think I even saw the logo somewhere before) – I like this!
    • fireman
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Brian Tyndall wrote:
      With a few modifcations to the index file and removing the background creates a sleek silver template :)
      Great!
      Do you have a URL so we can see an example?
    • fireman
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Pim wrote:
      Hi Fireman,

let me explain: I am really happy with Kinetic and I hope RT will make more such templates.

I started and ended my previous post with the statement I'm very positive about Kinectic :D .

Apparently - due to my moderate knowledge of the English language - I misunderstood the
      qoutes of Jerker Reden and Penn Wooding. I thought they ment Kinetic a change from to the previous ones. :shock:

Hope I made it clear so. :wink:

Pim

Gotcha! :) Makes sense now!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds