Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

DISCUSS: Reflex - July 2011 Joomla Template Released

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: DISCUSS: Reflex - July 2011 Joomla Template Released

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • As we've said in other posts, we simply cannot produce extensions with this level of functionality if we have to rely on the lowest common denominator of all web hosts. RokGallery works for 95+% of all users, and there's no reason to punish that 95% because 5% of providers out there are behind the times. We have used a minimal set of requirements that any modern web host should support. We did not force PHP 5.3 and the accompanying requirements that would go with it, but we've stuck with PHP 5.2 and technologies that have been available for 4 or more years.

We've also clearly stated the System Requirements for RokGallery in various places throughout our demo and informational pages. These are standard on the vast majority of hosts and so are no concern. If your host does not provide them by default, try contacting them and asking them to enable them for you. If they refuse, you really are on an inferior hosting platform and should consider moving anyway.

Don't forget PHP 5.2 is going to be EOL'ed soon, and you really should already be moving to PHP 5.3
  • Re: DISCUSS: Reflex - July 2011 Joomla Template Released

Posted 12 years 9 months ago
    • Not to mention PHP 5.4 Alpha was released recently so by the end of year we might have PHP 5.4
    • VirtueShop
    • BogdanG

Posted 12 years 8 months ago
    • Hi. Can anyone tell me how i can change the full background to white color on reflex theme?
      i tried to change the source background files directly on theme files(and all went ok) but at the middle of the screen i get a half page entirely black?
      Can anyone help me with this?
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

• WraithGD
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• i Can't wait till you guys get the Rocket Launcher 1.7 done.. :!:

• VRY6
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• It's Done go get it!
    • XGL

Posted 12 years 5 months ago
    • Hello. I'm new to RocketTheme and new to Joomla and really frustrated with my inability to change the Reflex logo. I did everything by the book and changed off the logo.png files in all 6 styles. Cleared Cache.. .etc etc... te Reflex logo just would no go!!

Can anyone help? is there another place where somethng should be edited...

Thank you

XGL
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Posted 12 years 5 months ago
    • do you have a link?
  • Re: DISCUSS: Reflex - July 2011 Joomla Template Released

Posted 12 years 4 months ago
    • I am having the same kind of problem with the logo image showing up when it shouldn't :?: . I have the logo turned off in the template and I uploaded one in "images" and made a custom module for it in header-a position. I have text in header-b. On the home page and the contact page it looks the way I intended but on the 'about us' page, there is an additional logo on the right in a 3rd header position. I think it's something on the rt_reflex_j15/features/logo.php page - I tried to comment out the <div> </div> section and although it made the logo go away, the text remained the way it is - in 3 lines instead of one line across.
      Here is a link: BROKEN LINK REMOVED
      I tried commenting out the rt-logo in the css but then in it's place, a gantry logo showed up. This is the weirdest thing I've ever come across.
      It is still being developed so I usually make a different logo module so I can click on it to go back to the homepage instead of the placeholder page I put up.
      One more thing: before putting up the custom logo, even with it turned off, the logo showed up on the 'about us' page only and not on the other pages.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds