Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

NEW: Version 2.5 for Joomla 1.7/2.5 Released

• Re: NEW: Version 2.5 for Joomla 1.7/2.5 Released

Posted 12 years 5 days ago
    • Hi Andy,

I believe I did have the 'system-debug' on when this first happened, however I did 'disable' it soon after. It is still disabled and I just tried again with the same errors. Is it perhaps a setting within 'debug' that I need to change?
    • rvbgnu
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: NEW: Version 2.5 for Joomla 1.7/2.5 Released

Posted 11 years 11 months ago
    • Hi,
      I have the same issue here, just after updating to MC 2.6 from the joomla built-in update feature. I have access to front-end with the same user, but no access to back end. No other install or anything, I was just changing content in the RT RocketLauncher.

I've tried to update the password from phpmyadmin, but no changes: still ok in front-end, no access in back-end. No customisations made in htaccess or whatever...

MySql 5.1.41
      PHP Version 5.3.2
      Web Server Apache/2.2.14

I've been on this for 2 hours, having a break now :cry:
    • Best Regards, Hervé Boinnard - GMT multilingual website and online business made easy
      Irish Translation Team Coordinator - Project: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=78621
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• Good to know I'm not crazy...this happened with another install I had as well...weird stuff... :cheesy:

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...
    • rvbgnu
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• No, you are NOT crazy...
      I was about to test on a backup made before the MC 2.6 update, back from lunch (I have Akeeba Backup installed, no other extensions, but the ones with RT Template Entropy RocketLauncher).

I just tried again and then YES I CAN log into the back end!! And I did nothing after the password reset in the database that did not work before lunch. Very weird so... :x MissionControl with an hidden remote feature "à la iPhone" ?? Only joking, I love the team @RocketTheme... much more than my Mac, and than my Android smartphone :wink:

Anyway, I am moving on another project for a few hours. I took a backup before doing anything, if someone wants to further investigate, just let me know. I haven't read anything like this on the Joomla Bug Squad mailing list. Any idea of what is causing the issue?
    • Best Regards, Hervé Boinnard - GMT multilingual website and online business made easy
      Irish Translation Team Coordinator - Project: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=78621
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• rvbgnu,

Yeah, I had to reload a backup to get into mine...just decided not to update Mission Control...

I had it happen on another install and couldn't get into the backend to save my life...even went through the CP for the website and reset the password...no joy...

So figuring my patience would pay off, it's happened to someone else...let me know what you find as you narrow things down.

Mike- :mrgreen:

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...

Posted 11 years 10 months ago

Posted 11 years 9 months ago
    • I'm not sure how helpful this will be but I run my own hosting on a VPS that I have total control over. When I create a new domain for myself or for a customer I use a control panel (ISP Manager Pro) that has 2 options for using PHP on the domain, one as an Apache Module, the other as CGI. I had this problem (the 500 error) on every site that was setup using the default (as an Apache Module), and as soon as I switched over to CGI the 500 errors stopped. I also had a lot of other permissions errors until switching over to CGI and after changing all the domains over, I have way fewer permissions issues.

I realize most users won't have full control over there server and some may not even have control panel access but I thought I'd post my .02 cents worth and hope it helps some. I know there may be some performance issues between the 2 but overall the server seems to be running more smoothly, so I plan on keeping it this way. If there are some PHP gurus out there that think this shouldn't be running as CGI, please let me know what problems I may run into.

Thanks.
    • Dave Haertel
      Port City Technology,
      www.portcitytechnology.com

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • Hi guys

Is there any program for missionControl 'J!3.3' ??
    • www.iHRSd.com
    • Henning
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Volunteer

Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    • ... probably not. Sorry.

Posted 9 years 2 months ago

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds