Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

OneMoreThing + SMF (customized original template)

OneMoreThing + SMF (customized original template)

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Here is the site I've been working on:
      LINK REMOVED

It has the latest bridge from Orstio (1.1.6), the latest Joomla and SMF 1.1 RC3.

I used the OneMoreThing (very like original, as you see!), simply made a simple topbanner and modded the SMForiginal template.

I had to disable SEO urls in both Joomla and SMF, to get this thing working.
      Only one thing does not work now and that is some kind of cookie-problem for the polls in Jjoomla.

I ported from a PHPnuke rotten database, so I used like 15hrs+++ to rebuild data!
      (Someone stole and deleted data, so I had to rebuild from an old backup I had generated).

Anyhow, it's not really my site, but I paid for the Joomla layout.
      I also paid for SMF, but that darn thing wont integrate, so I rather used a customized original SMF template.

Also, I think the SMF template which is out here, is not as classy as the OneMoreThing template.
      As of yet, I think I've gotten like 50% of what I paid for, as I wherent able to use the SMF theme (maybe because I'm running RC3?)..

Important things I had to do, to get the darn bridge working:
      * Disable SEO in both joomla and SMF
      * Enable languagesynch
      * Set language to no_NO (Norwegian)
      * modify original SMF template (check if wrapped)
      * removed "Login on every page" on SMF
      +++ maybe I forgot a billion things.

anyhow, thank you for the OneMoreThing template.

Seeing as I bought a year subscription to the Joomla, I might use your templates in the future too! I really like the "OneMoreThing", amazed at it's slickness! and wey, css..
    • Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Kat05.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds