Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Studius Is A Gem To Work With

• Studius Is A Gem To Work With

Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • Dear RocketTheme,

I started building websites with your themes years ago, and you have created some beautiful themes over the past decade or so. Studius, in my humble opinion, may be your finest to date. She (and your exceptional support) provide every tool we need to take your framework and build unique, timeless, and flawless websites from a technical perspective. You have also designed Studius to allow webmasters individual styling, such that this one template builds completely unique websites.

This week I launched Larry Martinez Jewelers in Taos New Mexico. Larry is a silversmith who creates museum quality jewelry inspired By Native America. Larry is a dear friend and I've been his webmaster since 2007.His website is larrymartinezjewelers.com/ .

I decided Studius and the SmartSlider3 extension would be a great fit. SmartSlider3 (at SmartSlider3.com) allowed me to use self-hosted videos so the entire (6) slide home page Hero slider was a movie of Larry's inspiring designs. Instead of YouTube or Vimeo hosted videos (which you can do) it allowed for 20-50mb videos to be uploaded and used in one slide. For some amazing reason, their compression allows these movies to play and slide with no issues.

SmartSlider3 provides dozens and dozens of predesigned themes for images, sliders, video, and text animations. Multiple variations on one page work seamlessly with each other.

Additionally I used the Event Gallery photo gallery extension to highlight his multiple category galleries. Esthetically I wanted a black background with white text to make his imagery "pop."

There is an eCommerce cart using Ecwid. Easily integrated, it hosts over 571 custom creations currently available through the website. The client handles the entire cart through their Ecwid dashboard.

Attached are a couple of images and feel free to leave a comment or ask a question!

With respect,
      ~Patrick Doyle
      TheNashvilleWebmaster.com
    • Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by NativeRadio.
    • "When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble."
      ~ Buddha ~
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Studius Is A Gem To Work With

Posted 1 month 1 week ago
    • Hey! Very nice. I like the color palette and overall vibe. I'm a big Studius fan as well, have done a couple sites with it now.

Smart Slider 3 is a great plugin, especially for how many features the free version has. I took at look at the videos on your site and it looks like they've been compressed down to 2MB-5MB... I didn't realize Smart Slider 3 did media compression, so that's pretty cool.
    • Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: NativeRadio

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds