Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

What do you think about?

• Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

What do you think about?

Posted 17 years 9 months ago
    • Hi!

www.webmaster-br.info is one of my sites with joomla templates and the first in this section.
      I'll do a french version of this site.
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: What do you think about?

• Burning site ;)

Very interesting tools, generators, etc. Great idea to translate it in french.

Bookmarked !
    • Yves
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Thanks Yves ;) and you can submit your site for free to more than 150 search engines including Google and other big SE...
      I'll put more free tools for webmasters!

Bientôt en français :D

• hi, welcome to Rocket.

I have a few small pointers for your home page. as the colours are clashing with some of the background and dominatiing colours on the page.

1. Home Page. The Google logo on the top left, does not blend with the red background, and it looks poor with white bits around it.
      2.The same thing has happened at the bottom of the page...
      domain hosting services | website promotion | Search Engine Optimization Consultant | website design | unlimited long distance
      Free Link Exchange
      You have a Dark Blue colour background, then a dominating dark blue text.... This clearly does not work, I would change this to a third primary colour; like RED.

3. Portfolio page. I would put the gallery at the top of the page.. Some people won't scroll down. (Just an idea, as the site is full of adverts....) This will put people off looking at the site. ::)

4. Forum. The forum is good. But wouldn't it look better if the colours matched? I personally feel it would then look better.

5. Contact Page. The contact page is for people to contact you. Not for Google adverts!! I personally feel put off by seeing adverts on every page. The contact section would look much better with just Contact Info and a nice photo of you!

I hope you dont go and jump off a curb. or anything daft. but these are my honest opinions.

good luck ;D

santino
    • Last Edit: 17 years 9 months ago by .
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

• sonny cutting wrote:
      hi, welcome to Rocket.

I have a few small pointers for your home page. as the colours are clashing with some of the background and dominatiing colours on the page.

1. Home Page. The Google logo on the top left, does not blend with the red background, and it looks poor with white bits around it.
      2.The same thing has happened at the bottom of the page...
      domain hosting services | website promotion | Search Engine Optimization Consultant | website design | unlimited long distance
      Free Link Exchange
      You have a Dark Blue colour background, then a dominating dark blue text.... This clearly does not work, I would change this to a third primary colour; like RED.

3. Portfolio page. I would put the gallery at the top of the page.. Some people won't scroll down. (Just an idea, as the site is full of adverts....) This will put people off looking at the site. ::)

4. Forum. The forum is good. But wouldn't it look better if the colours matched? I personally feel it would then look better.

5. Contact Page. The contact page is for people to contact you. Not for Google adverts!! I personally feel put off by seeing adverts on every page. The contact section would look much better with just Contact Info and a nice photo of you!

I hope you dont go and jump off a curb. or anything daft. but these are my honest opinions.

good luck ;D

santino

Hello sonny, thanks a lot for your comments. It's really good to have another opinions.

The search box don't match with the colour background it's true! I use firefox and with this browser I don't saw the diference of colours.
      Do you think it's better to put it at right?

I have some dificulties with the mods that I'm using to display Google adsense. I would like to display them only with several pages but not all. But if I want to disable adsense in the contact page or portfolio, I cant show it in other categories :(
      I'm looking for a solution but I think it's nor possible to display adsense (like other modules) in one ou two page in each menu. I don't know if you understand what I mean (my english is tooooo baaad!)

I will change the colours of links exchange and I hope to have time to work in the forum design ;-)

Thanks for your help!
    • Franck
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I've found a solution. I've added one more adsense mod ;)
      I think it's better now but I'll try several adsense positions... I need to tell you: I'm crazy for adsense!!! Seriously, I've more or less 80 sites and I make a good money with adsense but it's the first time I try this integration with joomla.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 9 months ago by .

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds