Toowoomba Regional Council - Anacron

• Noxidsoft
    • Software & database developer.

Toowoomba Regional Council - Anacron

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • Website URL
      www.toowoombaRC.qld.gov.au

Custom Development
      • StoneOrchard (bridge - not publically available for download). Originally created by Andrew Eddie, re-written for the current iteration by Noxidsoft. A custom search module was also created to support the component search.
      • JPopular - Most read
      • Jevents remote. - Featured events (not publically available for download, yet...). Written for the current iteration by Noxidsoft

Other Features
      • Joomla 3.3.3
      • Responsive template ( Anacron ) with modifications (overrides & custom CSS/Less)
      • Approx. 6000 articles and changing every day
      • Information architecture (I/A = menu) at 972 items and counting
      • Custom optimization to keep things skipping along and a great ICT support team

Any specific areas of my site that I'd like feedback on, if any
      Comments welcome.

Additional Comments
      Toowoomba Regional Council is the location at which many of Joomla's modernism's and functionality was born. Andrew Eddie and the Joomla team have lead the cutting edge of Joomla since Mambo days while working with this council's webteam and is the reason we all enjoy many of the features held within the Joomla CMS. Noel Dixon (me) from Noxidsoft has had the honourable privilage of meeting and working with Andrew briefly during the Joomla 1.5.x days and make attempts to continue his good work with this particular local government entity.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kat05.
    • Noel
      www.noxidsoft.com
      www.hazalerts.com.au
    • Rae French
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • IT Consultant

Re: Toowoomba Regional Council - Anacron

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • I really like the site. Very attractive.

One suggestion, you might consider not showing the print and email icons on the articles. In many cases it is not necessary. You can turn them off globally and turn them on only on the articles that need it.
    • Best wishes,
      Rae

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds