Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Haiku Question

• TonyD
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Haiku Question

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • First off I'll start by appologizing if this is in the wrong place but I didn't see a place for questions on the free templates.

I like Haiku but would like to make it a three column. I THOUGHT this would be fairly simple but I'm obviously not grasping something about modifying templates because what I ended up with was not-so-pretty.. Actually, it was a frog that NOBODY would want to kiss even if the most handsome prince came from it :-* ..

Has anyone made this a three column or can I be pointed in a direction that might clear up the fog (I've already looked at joomla.org's doc's).

Thanks,
      Tony
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Haiku Question

• TonyD
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Dan L wrote:
      Can you clarify what you mean by "three column"?

Right now the content is on the left and the Left & Right module positions are on the right. In the sample you see the main menu and login on the right.

I want to keep that area, but add another one on the left side which will have the main menu on the left, keeping the login in the right column.

I tried to decrease the size of the content section, split up navigation in the css to:
      #r_navigation {
      float: right;
      width: 190px;
      padding-top 10px;
      margin: 0;
      border: 0px solid #00c;
      }

#l_navigation {
      float: left;
      width: 190px;
      padding-top 10px;
      margin: 0;
      border: 0px solid #00c;
      }

but I ended up with one big column ::)

I've attached a pic of what I'm shooting for.

I think that it's the <div>'s that are messing me up and was half tempted to throw it in a table but I really don't want to do that..
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

• You need to build the divs up in the index.php, although you will need a good understanding of how these files are constructed and how divs and the corresponding CSS definitions work.
    • Toolbox Digital | Dribbble | Forrst
    • TonyD
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Dan L wrote:
      You need to build the divs up in the index.php, although you will need a good understanding of how these files are constructed and how divs and the corresponding CSS definitions work.

The boss is gone today so I've been taking time to work on this ;D ..

Getting there slowly but surely and I think my next hangup will be to get the div tag's equal height.. I'll get there 8)

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds