Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Help me pls to make my site like the demo and more

• Shania
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Help me pls to make my site like the demo and more

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • Hello I'm new here, new to SMF and Joomla

I have successfully convert from IPB to SMF thx to the help from SMF community.. (still some rweaking needed)

I spoke to someone from here through email with Questions about the storm trooper theme.
      I have purchased a subscription (3 months for now) downloaded and installed the theme.

As I said I'm new to ALL of this so bare that in mind when responding please.

Firstly I have not bridged my SMF + Joomla Im not even sure how yet

This is what I want to do and Why I have gone ahead converted from IPB to SMF + Joomla.
      Actually this site is respsonsible lol
      The StroomTrooper dark theme I absolutely love, it's a theme I have only dreamt of for a long time.. now that it exists and Im here help me please to be able to do the following:

My SMF forums... its vital that the forums open inside the theme like here: www.stargate-game.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,44/

see what he has done ? How the forums are in the theme ?
      Thats exactly what we need.
      I dont want the stargate theme as I have my beloved StormTrooper theme. I need forums to open in the theme exactly like that.

I'm no coder and am struggling along to get to where I have so far... can someone help me achieve this is basic english please ?

Also next thing thats important is to have my front site look like the demo does with the blocks left side etc how do I do that ?
    • Shania
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Help me pls to make my site like the demo and more

• also my installation doesnt have a top header like I see on other sites and demo
      Where is that and how do I find it and edit it and make it show ?
    • Nathan
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi there

I did the Stargate Game site using the bridge by JoomlaHacks. I converted that site from Vbulletin to SMF. What I had to do was put the SMF forum to use the same database as Joomla. Then I installed the bridge into Joomla and followed the instructions. The bridge instructions are pretty good. The only thing I did "wrong" was not use version 2 of the bridge, but then again it's not hte stable version.

When you install the bridge and "patch" the index page (again instruction are included - I even think they provide a pre-patched index page to use) everything will work. In the Bridge control panel there is an option to "wrap" the forum into the Joomla design. That's how the header works.

There are a few things I need to work out. The CSS of the forum makes the writing bigger than the writing of the site. That's about the only issue I had.

I used Kevin's technozine SMF theme and changed some of the icons for that to more suit the site.

Joomlahack web site: www.joomlahacks.com

Also take a lok at their forum and look for the version 2 thread of the bridge. if you want to go with the latest version you can download it from there.

if you need any help with any of it send me a PM and I'll do what I can.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 5 months ago by .
    • Shania
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thank You for the rply.. Im confused as usual... but I will look at that hack.

I dont understand how to make the very top header show in the main page or of any of th elink tabs.

Is there something that needs to be done to turn it on ?
    • Nathan
    • Hero Rocketeer

• I think this refers to your question in the other thread? best to keep same questions in one spot. I answered the question over there for you regarding the header.

If it's a different question let me know and I or someone else will try help you out :)

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds