Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Stupid question - link to content....

Stupid question - link to content....

Posted 17 years 5 months ago
    • Perhaps I am missing something totally obvious, but is there a way in Joomla to link to specific content?

For instance... if I make a custom module that looks something like this:

THE BIG STORY !!!
      Blablablblbla
      blablabla
      READ IT ALL HERE (this is where the link goes to a content item of some sort).

I know I could make a menu item that links to the content and then copy that menu link url to my text link - but there must be a smarter way - right?

Of course if the link could be kept dynamic it would be even better. So in case something got changed in the content link, it would be updated on the text link as well.

Tell me its possible....

I know it would be normal to just use the latest news, newsflash etc... but I would really love an option in the editor or similar so you could just select the text and press a button called "Link to content" or something similar...
    • Last Edit: 17 years 5 months ago by .
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Stupid question - link to content....

• I'm pretty sure there's a plugin for JCE that allows this, so will save you the hassle of manually creating then copy 'n' pasting content links. Not had time to try it myself but pretty sure I've seen it. Of course you'll need to install JCE and make sure you're using that as your default WYSIWYG editor.
    • Toolbox Digital | Dribbble | Forrst

• Cheers both.. apparently my editor does allow this:

Make links directly to any of the content on your Mambo or Joomla powered website

Now I just need to figure it out :)

• Oh that feature was turned off by default... now it's back :)
  • Re: Stupid question - link to content....

• Check out this component -- TitleLink:

http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,427/Itemid,35/

"TitleLink is a plugin to easily create links in Joomla content to other Joomla content by title or title_alias. By inserting text into you content like {ln:Content Managment} you link directly to your content with that title. The purpose of this program is to help create easy ways to drop links to content within the material that you are writing."

• Cheers Donna..

No need for it anymore though.. The editor I purchased got it all build in :)
    • GollumX
    • Elite Rocketeer

• hey thomas.

which editor did you buy?... was it worth it? what more does it offer beyond free editors like JCE etc.

thanks.
    • Say no to Internet Explorer 6.
      twitter.com/mark_up

• Hi :)

I bought wysiwygPRO..

Beside the linking stuff, there are many reasons why this is a good editor in my opinion.

- does NOT kill content just because you add some scripts or embed some flash...
      - adding images is a breeze with upload functions build in. Feels a lot more natural compared to mosimage
      - handles content better in my opinion, actually it does work as a wysiwyg editor, where free editors not always output what I see :)
      - there are all kind of nice features too many to mention, but overall it just feels more solid, versatile and natural...

Check all the features here:

www.wysiwygpro.com/
    • Last Edit: 17 years 5 months ago by .
    • GollumX
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hey thanks Thomas.

Saw the demo. Looks great.

Though it looks like its worth every cent, bit steep for me just yet.

now if only i can come up with a money spinner... hey with joomla/rktheme behind me, anything is possible aye ;)
    • Say no to Internet Explorer 6.
      twitter.com/mark_up

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds