Welcome Guest! Login
1 items / $24.00 Checkout

installation problem

installation problem

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • Hi,
      Sorry to be quite such a newbie, but I'm having trouble installing my new template.
      I'm using Versatility, and trying to istall it to my site, ipsofoto.com . Siteground is the host.

I tried installing the zip file, and received a message; "could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.
      Next, I unzipped the template, and uploaded it in my template directory. When I tried to install from there,
      I received a message that there was no installation file.

Please advise.
      Thanks,
      Steven
  • Re: installation problem

• Steven Nestler wrote:
      Hi,
      Sorry to be quite such a newbie, but I'm having trouble installing my new template.
      I'm using Versatility, and trying to istall it to my site, ipsofoto.com . Siteground is the host.

I tried installing the zip file, and received a message; "could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.
      Next, I unzipped the template, and uploaded it in my template directory. When I tried to install from there,
      I received a message that there was no installation file.

Please advise.
      Thanks,
      Steven

Steven,
      Once you uploaded your template folder to your template directory, just go to Site ---> Template Manager--->Site Templates in the backend of your site and RT Versatility should be listed there.

Let me know,

Mike

Re: installation problem

• Mike,
      Thanks,
      but it's not showing up. I set permissions at 755, thinking that might be the problem.
      So far, no success.

Re: installation problem

• Thanks for the suggestions.
      I could not get Versatility to work; tried Versatility II, and it uploaded fine.
      Steven

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds