Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Site of the Month - October Winner

• damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Site of the Month - October Winner

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • The winner of the October Site of the Month is www.juicymedia.co.uk . The site uses PixelPerfect and Pete Davies of Juicy Media developed the site.

Pete had this to say

"The Juicy Media website was born from two designs; initially we had constructed a simple static HTML website that contained the basic elements such as the main navigation menu, quicklinks and an area for the content body. Then, out of pure luck, the October PixelPerfect RocketTheme template was released and it was obvious that with some CSS changes we could adapt the template to fit within the initial Juicy design.

Modification of the template was quite simple, and integration was accelerated by the separation of configurable template styles. By implementing the PixelPerfect template into the lower-half of the design, it removed the requirement to manually code each Joomla specific CSS element. This resulted in the creation of a working site in a much quicker time than could be previously achieved.

After modifying the overall style of the template, which took about three days, we then began implementing custom components and modules (a further week’s work). Visible on the frontpage are further Joomla enhancements and modules that include the implementation of:

-the “main menu” which was a CSS modified version of the RTSuckerfish menu system with path tracking maintained
      -the “Quicklinks” dropdown based on code derived from the Joomap module. It also uses a JS “jump menu” to provide linking to the relevant section of the site
      -Sakic’s SEF Advance for search engine friendly URL’s
      -for dynamic page translation we chose the Joomlaspan Google Translation module
      -and we have RocketTheme’s own RokLatest module for displaying the sites latest news

After the development of the hybrid template, content was then added over a two-week period with graphics created from the Windows Webdings true-type font."

A very big round of applause to Pete and Juicy Media for what is yet another excellent demonstration of what is possible with a RocketTheme template.
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Site of the Month - October Winner

• Congrats to Pete, very nicely done.
  • Re: Site of the Month - October Winner

• Nice job Pete, I am inspired. :)

Mikey Vee

• I think it looks great, I love how you incorporated flash into your site.
    • Nathan
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Congratulations Pete :)
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• Very pro Pete! Love the color scheme.

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."

• Congratulations ;D
      Your site is very nice. Looks very prof. Very good job :)

• Congrats Pete! Great work.

• Hi Guys,

Thanks for the cool comments!
      There's still a little work to do on the site so I am glad to see this did not affect the judges decision :) .

Again, thanks for the award and the comments that followed. If anybody has any suggestions or needs help adapting elements from the design, please let me know and I'll do my best to help...

Kind Regards,
      Pete

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds