Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Menu module similar to RokLatest

• Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

Menu module similar to RokLatest

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • I would like to implement a menu module that functions like RokLatest, does anyone have any suggestions?

I have seen a Joomla site recently which had something similar but I forgot which one it was :(

I basically want a handful of top-level menu items (which do not link to anywhere), then when you click them it expands a series of menu links linking to content items.

Any ideas?
    • Toolbox Digital | Dribbble | Forrst

Re: Menu module similar to RokLatest

• You may wish to try AjaxNews. We're using it to cycle through the various news items. You may wish to also try D4J Content listing, but we didn't have much success with that.

Regards

Gavin
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Nope - I think you misunderstand what I am after - I want something that looks & functions like RokLatest, but instead of displaying news/content items, it works as a menu system.

So I have a parent menu item, you click that, and the module slides down to reveal several sub-menu items.
  • Re: Menu module similar to RokLatest

• That's what I'd like to do also -- in other words clicking the parent link on the menu does nothing but open the list of child links. It's clicking the child links that will take you to a page.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 6 months ago by Donna Vincent.
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Exactly! Even the standard Joomla drop-downs oddly don't seem to have this function - you always need it to link somewhere - a right PITA!

At the very least I'd like to be able to do this (the fancy animations are a bonus really).
    • Youyou
    • Elite Rocketeer

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds