Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

"Paid member" sign up process - like the one here at RTTC

• Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

"Paid member" sign up process - like the one here at RTTC

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • I'd like to implement an online system to process a couple of levels of paid-up membership - nice and simple (lol) like the system RTTC uses...so user clicks on a link to "Upgrade to silver membership" and "Upgrade to gold membership" (or whatever), then gets passed to the relevant payment processor. The user will already have a (free) account registered before they can upgrade.

I'm struggling to work out how the membership upgrade can tie into Joomla. I'm using CB for the user account management, and JACLplus to give me more group options. I'm guessing RTTC uses some kind of custom/proprietry code for this process?

The problem is this:

User registers free account.
      User wants to upgrade - clicks on "upgrade" link
      User is immediately passed to payment processor
      User makes payment
      Admin notified of payment

My concern is that there is no correlation between Joomla and the payment processor - so how will I know which user account is being upgraded? They may well use different credentials in the payment process which cannot be matched up Joomla...

Also, what happens after the payment processor has done it's work? Where will the user end up?

I hope that makes sense...it's actually quite difficult to explain :-[

Any suggestions greatly received. I'm not afraid to dive into code but I'm no programmer unfortunately, so anything too ambitious and it's game over :)

[cue Yves ;D]
    • Toolbox Digital | Dribbble | Forrst
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: "Paid member" sign up process - like the one here at RTTC

• Re: "Paid member" sign up process - like the one here at RTTC

• I've just started creating a site that has similar functionality, I've used Account Expiration Control . I might mention that I haven't totally tested it yet but I plan to only use paypal so it shouldn't take too long. Also you can expect to spend a while toying around with css as they have a strange preference when it comes to standard styling.

You'll be glad to know that it also works with JACLPlus without any patch ;)

I'd be interested to know what RT uses though as it obviously works perfectly, maybe we could be going down the wrong path!

Tom.
    • Dan L
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: "Paid member" sign up process - like the one here at RTTC

• Cheers Tom - I'll check that out. Good to know that it works with JACLplus too ;D

Keep me posted on any progress - and I'll do the same!

Dan
    • Toolbox Digital | Dribbble | Forrst

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds