Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

PHP book for beginners

• PHP book for beginners

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • I want to get into coding not a master coder but enough to understand other codes and code small components, modules and plugin for myself and Joomla what is the best way to learn or what is the best book out there for coding when recommending a book keep in mind that I have no clue of database or coding, thanks.
    • VirtueShop

Re: PHP book for beginners

• Re: PHP book for beginners

• Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• This dummie has read a couple of 'Dummie' books. They seemed well organized for the totally uninitiated. I would see if they have one on PHP. If they do, I'll buy it from you when you're finished, Peter.

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
    • Joe K
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Hmm php or mocha frappuccino.........I say you buy a frappucino have a nice seat in the store and read your php book to your hearts content. Heck, even take notes.

I think that is the best of both worlds......you get your caffiene and you potentially avoid that "oh this book stinks" after you get home sigh.

**It seems I have managed to maintain my ability to kill a thread by merely posting**
    • Last Edit: 17 years 7 months ago by .
  • Re: PHP book for beginners

• I have a copy of the Visual Quickstart and I like it. I find the style approachable, but I have not gotten through it--just a lack of time and other priorities. The author guides you through making increasingly complex scripts. It gets 4.5 stars on Amazon.

Another highly rated book is Beginning PHP and MySQL 5: From Novice to Professional. It too is highly rated, but I have not read it--I probably will purchase a copy when I get to where I need to find my way through php.

Steve

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds