Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Problems with IE 7

Problems with IE 7

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • Hi,

My back-end admin dont work correctly in IE 7. It opens the pages when you log in but dont display any text in the text areas... It also gives errors on the page. Does anybody have the same problem? Does someone know how to fix it?

Please help...

Rudi
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

Re: Problems with IE 7

• Use FireFox!

No, really, I think that MS hasn't worked all the bugs out of IE7 yet. IE 6 works great - as does FireFox. IE7 and Mac's Safari has a few errors to correct.

The main thing that I've found is that MS has their own web agenda going and they want to be on the cutting edge of what the web is about. That means that they want .NET - their archcitecture to be the standard and the rest of the world doesn't.

I'm not a MS basher (I use some of there stuff and have an XP machine), but history reveals that MS is more concerned with MS and anything that's outside their worldview is usually shuned - unless the market wants otherwise.

I think that IE7 is a browser that doesn't pay attention to the cutting edge things that others on the web bring. I've found that FireFox does.

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• I'm really hoping that the IE dev team addresses the rest of the issues in an RC2 release. RC1 has been out for a while and although it did fix a few issues, there are many still outsanding that currently would require hacks and cludges to fix. It's really annoying the way MS has marketed IE7, I have members who think this is an actual released final product, and the fact that it's still in RC status and is mainly meant for developers is not clearly noted.
  • Re: Problems with IE 7

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• I knew it was not a 'stable' release yet, but there are many at Verizon (my work) that use it and are trying to develop for it. I ould just tell your client that it's not yet a stable release and that you recommend staying with IE6 until IE7 has the bugs worked out. Some like to blame that it's not an MS product so it must have problems.

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds