Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Ordering by default?

Ordering by default?

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • Sorry if this has been asked before - I have looked around but couldn't see anything.

I have just started using the latest Rocket template (excellent by the way!!)

When I create a list of items within a section, I have put them in the correct order in Joomla Administrator but by default they appear by ascending title on the published web site. Of course, the viewer can use the drop down menu to change the order they are view, but I really want to have them in the order I specify, but I can't seem to find where I can set my ordering specified to be the default.

No doubt this is something obvious, but I have got no-where looking around for how to do it. Please help!!
  • Re: Ordering by default?

• I think the Roklatest module is coded to display in order of publish date and time so the most recent items are published first. You could go into the content items and change the created date so that they are all in the proper order. It would be nice if there were a way to select the order in the module settings.

Re: Ordering by default?

• Thanks for the reply. I've done what you suggested, which is something I hadn't thought of and will come in handy in other areas. However, unfortunately it hasn't worked. They are still listed in alpha order - in the drop down box when viewing the page, there are only 3 options, the top (default) is title asc, second is title desc and third is ordering, so a user actually has to change the default to ordering to see them in the order I want.

Is this problem limited to the latest template - I wonder if I found an earlier one I liked it would work the way I want it - anyone know?

• I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the roklatest module (it was late). Do you have a link? Also, when you make the link to the items in the menu, there are choices for ordering that may override what is set elsewhere, so check the menu item and make sure the parameters are set correctly.

Re: Ordering by default?

• Thanks again for replying. I have re-ordered the items in Joomla's Content Item Manager but it doesn't actually seem to make a difference in the sections and categories. In fact, the only time it seems to work is with web links where re-ordering does work perfectly!

The link of where it matters most is as follows:-

www.philiphoyle.co.uk/index.php?option=c...nid=1&id=16&Itemid=2

And on the following link, the default is neither alpha nor ordering but once you change the option, you can't get it back to its default.

www.philiphoyle.co.uk/index.php?option=c...nid=1&id=17&Itemid=2

I would really like to remove the filter/order boxes completely as I don't anticipate having too many articles under each section/category heading anyway.
    • Last Edit: 17 years 6 months ago by .

• If you go to the menu manager and choose that menu item you will be able to set all the parameters (see attached screenshot).

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds