Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Newby Help - Where to start?

Newby Help - Where to start?

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • Hi everyone,

I've done my Joomla installation and everything is working fine but now I need to modify my template and I don't know where to begin.

I've attached a screen grab of my site design which I need to re-create in Joomla and I'm in need of some advice with regards to finding a template that best suits this design and then modifying the modules and CSS to fit my grid structure.

Also, is it possible to move modules from the left side to the right side or would I need to modify the HTML/CSS?

Thanks,
      Matt.
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Newby Help - Where to start?

• Welcome !

Last template, PixelPerfect , would be perfect for you !

It's fast, extremely flexible and has 14 collapsible module positions. If you want only right side, just don't publish any module in left position.
    • Yves

• Great, I'll take a look now.

Thanks.

• Having been through each template, I think that Versatility might be a slightly better fit.

What's the best way to insert a flash movie? it only needs to appear on the homepage as a static module.

Thanks,
      Matt.
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• MATHIEU BIETH wrote:
      Having been through each template, I think that Versatility might be a slightly better fit.
      What's the best way to insert a flash movie? it only needs to appear on the homepage as a static module.

Versatility has less module positions available, but it's a great template as well !

To insert a flash movie, paste this code (in html view) in a new article or custom module and adapt it to your needs:

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
      codebase=" download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/ca....cab#version=5,0,0,0 " WIDTH=123 HEIGHT=321>

<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="movie.swf">
      <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
      <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#666666>

<EMBED src="movie.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#666666 WIDTH=123 HEIGHT=321 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE=" www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/in...rsion=ShockwaveFlash "></EMBED>
      </OBJECT>
    • Yves
    • Youyou
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Personnaly, I suggest you more to start with your former template and add all the load stuff of joomla with the help of Dreamweaver Template extension or simply by copy/paste lines of code.
      After, add the css classes specific to joomla in the css file.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds