• Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Mambo & Joomla: One year on...

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Mambo & Joomla: One year on...

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • I thought it would be interesting to get an idea of how people have moved on, or not in the case of some sites I see in the member sites section, after the split so I'm posting ...

I fell in love with Mambo about 3 years ago after basically saying to my IT guy I need a personal site as we were having out first child. About a month later and lots of modifications to Solarflare (everybody played with Solarflare; I'd love to thank the guy that came up with that template ;-)) I was addicted.

I'd never done any kind of hands-on web work back then and now I have over 20 sites using three different CMS's, Wordpress, forums and some other stuff.

The interesting thing for me is the only site I've still got using Mambo is the very first site I ever did and the first domain name I ever purchased for myself.

I'm now very much Joomlafied and I know I'm going to move my personal site ( www.dugdale.biz for anyone that is interested) to Joomla fairly soon, it's just that I've got an affinity with Mambo as I did everything from from 4.5.1 and it was a very steep learning curve and a lot of fun.

The community at forum.joomla.org is excellent (if not a little dictatorial sometimes, but in a positive way), the community of developers is also excellent (even if it does need some sort of accreditation or recognition) and places like this, RocketTheme (even though you have to pay) just go to demonstrate why Joomla, for me, is quite simply a fabulicious (someone used this word on me today) project.

I was sad when the fork happened but I'm happy that I switched and I'm more than happy with everything that has happened since. Long live Joomla and long live the community that makes Joomla what it is!
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds