Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Urgent - help please! Menus not showing assigned CID items. Scrap installation?

• Urgent - help please! Menus not showing assigned CID items. Scrap installation?

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • I've been working on this site for about a week on and off when a serious problem started yesterday.

You can see the problem at http://alternativetherapybristol.co.uk/news--articles/

The two menu items below "Articles" - Special Offers and Events - will only show the Articles page in blog format and not any of the content items in their proper cateogories.

The articles page url is "index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=28&Itemid=30"

Special offers url is "index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=34&Itemid=46" pointing to the category "Promotions" CID=34

Events is supposed to give a table - content category format. Its url is index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=1&id=29&Itemid=47

The url of the menu items is correct, but they won't show anything but the Articles page.

I had a similar problem with a different section last night which I seem to have solved by moving all the content to other categories then deleting the section, category and all menu links to the bit that was behaving oddly. Half an hour later the same issue arose with articles... I've tried deleting menu items and resetting them, and deleting the categories and renewing them... but this issue is still there.

I need to decide fairly rapidly whether to scrap the entire installation and start from scratch, or whether this is something that can be repaired fully as the amount of time I've wasted trying to sort it out is becoming absurd.

I'm using Versatility II and have JCE, Alphacontent, Facile Forms and a few other things installed, but the problem only started after installing RokLatest. I don't know if there is a connection?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Frances
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Urgent - help please! Menus not showing assigned CID items. Scrap installation?

• If there is a direct link to this starting to happen with RokLatest can you uninstall to see if that is the issue to begin with?
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
  • Re: Urgent - help please! Menus not showing assigned CID items. Scrap installation?

• Thanks - yes I did uninstall RokLatest a couple of hours ago. But the problem remains... I'm not sure that was the cause - it was just the only thing that had changed apart from adding or moving content.

Any other thoughts? ... I'd rather not have to reinstall everything, but if I can't find an answer it's better to do it now than when I have more people using the site.

Thanks!

Frances
    • damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Urgent - help please! Menus not showing assigned CID items. Scrap installation?

• maybe it's something to do with whatever you are using for SEF URL's ...
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
  • Re: Urgent - help please! Menus not showing assigned CID items. Scrap installation?

• I think you are right... I've uninstalled OpenSEF and now all the menu items link to the correct pages...

Hmm... Think I'll get everything set up, continue testing to check this is the issue, then try re-installing OpenSEF or one of the others.

Many thanks - if this works it will have saved me scrapping the site and starting again.

Frances

• I've reinstalled RokLatest which works without any problems. However, in checking through other installed components I came across this in the AlphaContent notes:

From version 2.5, it is possible to create various menus attached to the component AlphaContent except
      in the case where you use a component such as SEFAdvance or OpenSEF. The problem comes owing to
      the fact that these components they even seek to it Itemid of the menu and thus take into account only the
      first menu attached to the found component.

I think this may be the cause of the problem I was experiencing and which has stopped now that OpenSEF is removed.

Thought I'd post this in case anyone else encounters the same issue.

Frances

Posted 17 years 6 months ago
    • I'm using the built-in SEF and Roklatest without issue.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds