Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Odd media manager problem

Odd media manager problem

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Hello all..

I have suddenly gotten a problem on one of my sites and I have no clue why this happens.

In media manager I can't see any thumbnails of uploaded images in no folders at all. Instead of the thumbnail there is only a filename and filesize mentioned (in IE it's the red cross that is present).

If I click on the holder that normaly would have the thumbnail located a pop-up shows as normal but not with the image only with a note saying "No input file specified." (In IE I get a 404).

The images are there, but they shure don't work like they should.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
  • Re: Odd media manager problem

• Hi Thomas that does sound pretty weird.

Just a few guesses:
      Install anything new lately ie: component/bot/mod ? javascript conflict? maybe something new using overlib?
      server software get changed on you?
    • Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Re: Odd media manager problem

• Peter Bailey wrote:
      Hi Thomas that does sound pretty weird.

Just a few guesses:
      Install anything new lately ie: component/bot/mod ? javascript conflict? maybe something new using overlib?
      server software get changed on you?

I have been wondering about that too.. I simply can't remember if I did try some SEO url component or if I didnt... as it seems like it behaves like that when such components doesnt work.

I have no idea about the server, but ill have a look - never seen this on Joomloa before :)

• Hhmmm didn't find anything :(

Are there any core files I could try and upload/overwrite that would not ruin the install but perhaps restore some stuff to default?
      Anyone got any hints?
  • Re: Odd media manager problem

• Check under global config what the perm settings are when you import a new file. SHould be set to rewrite all files to 644 for maximum usage. USe JoomlaXplorer to get around folders/files not being assigned to an owner since FTP cannot reassign these values.

• Thanks, but this is not a permission problem at all.

• Sorry to bump this baby, but I am really lost on this one....
      Any other suggestions would be nice.

Thanks in advance

I am curious if there are some core files that i could try and re-load or perhaps a way to install over the current install without losing content and other important stuff.
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• Thomas, everyone of the sites that I manage have that same problem. There's different versions of joomla, some with Community Builder, some without - many different combinations. They all do it.

I'm beginning to think that it's my machine.

I gave up trying to fix it and you have been the only one that I know of that has the same problem.I've not found anyone in the various forums that has seen the issue. Now, I just FTP image files.

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."

• Hmm odd... It did work and suddenly it didnt :(
      Oh well I will figure something out, but youre right its not really mentioned anyware...

Thanks though

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds