Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

This must be a joke!!!

This must be a joke!!!

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • I have been sitting with my IT guy for the past 4 hours and we are attempting to import all of our members from our old PHP database (Non-CMS/Joomla/Mambo based) into our new Joomla website/Joomla database, using Community Builder.

Our old PHP database contains the following fields: Full name, address, city, state, zip, country, email, phone and fax

He says that the Joomla (Juice component) database only allows import of the following fields: username, email address, password and full name

Anything else requires you to modify the way Juice imports the data by manually adding additional fields...I.E.: address, phone, etc...

I told him, that he is crazy that the brains behind the very sophisticated content management system Joomla, would create a platform that wouldn't allow additional fields (address, state, etc...) without using a 3rd party module (Community Builder).

If this is so, what were these guys trying to prove???? How hard is it to add additional fields without getting into a mess of seperate tables? After all, they created one of the most sophisticated content management systems out there...

Am I wrong in thinking this way or are these guys idiots???

Your help will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
      Adrian
    • Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

Re: This must be a joke!!!

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • I'm just guessing, but if you have Community Builder, there is a setting that over rides the Joomla user list for the CB list. You might try to turn this off until you have the users in Joomla. Someone with more understanding than me might have a better answer.

Good luck, Adrian!

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds