Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

The Best Bridge joomla and SMF

• The Best Bridge joomla and SMF

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Please write your motivation, and your version of joomla and SMF in the answer! ;D

Regards Davide
    • Last Edit: 17 years 7 months ago by Davide Ippolito.
  • Re: The Best Bridge joomla and SMF

• For me, JSMF bridge from Joomlahacks.Com is the best.
      I have ever tried another bridge but it had many conflict with my Joomla CSS, but I dont found it when I am using JSMF bridge from Joomlahacks.Com.
      Another thing, Orstio's Bridge comes with its Login module that also have a conflict with some joomla template. We must change something in the css.
      But, using JSMF Bridge from Joomlahacks.Com, we can either use Joomla Standard login module or JSMF Login module which I think is very nice, you can see the example at this RocketTheme site.
      And now, JSMF Bridge from Joomlahacks.Com (both for component and login module) validate XHTML.
      The developer (Wolverine) is very kind. Personally, I like him because he is always patient to his user in his forum whatever the problem. I think you will get best support from his forum if you're using his bridge.

I am using :
      Joomla 1.0.11
      SMF RC 1.3
      (and of course) JSMF Bridge from Joomlahacks.com.
      Now, the version is 2.0 b3.

Best Regards,

Arifin

• Arifin Liau TNX for your answer!! It's very complete!

A question?

the joomlahacks.com's bridge needs only one datebase or I'm in fault.

Are not better 2 database, one for joomla and one for smf?

TNX all people that want reply the pull ;)

• JSMF Bridge from JoomlaHacks.Com only (and must) use ONE same database with Joomla database.

• do you know if JMF bridge will work with Community builder login module ?

Merci !

• Yes I believe JSMF will worth with Community Builder, although I haven't tried it out myself. In the configuration section of the JSMF module, I think you can select CB in there for registration and login forms, etc.

Also, I am very happy with JSMF and the way it integrates with Joomla.

I am using:

Joomla 1.0.11
      SMF 1.1 RC3
      JSMF Bridge 2.0 Beta 3

Everything worked perfectly, no problems when I followed the instructions.
    • -- ChurchWiz - Easy & Affordable Church Websites
      -- www.churchwiz.com

• it's not the same for me !

I installed joomla + community builder and all is ok !
      I installed JMF using the same database than joomla !
      I installed SMF bridge component and configured it for community builder !

I have this code when i go to my website :

Notice: Undefined index: lang_character_set in /home/oriental/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 808

Notice: Undefined index: smf239 in /home/oriental/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 966

Notice: Undefined index: smf239 in /home/oriental/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 967

Notice: Undefined offset: 176 in /home/oriental/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 967

Notice: Undefined index: smf239 in /home/oriental/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 968

Notice: Undefined index: smf240 in /home/oriental/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 969

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oriental/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php:808) in /home/oriental/public_html/index.php on line 226

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oriental/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php:808) in /home/oriental/public_html/index.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oriental/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php:808) in /home/oriental/public_html/index.php on line 228

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oriental/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php:808) in /home/oriental/public_html/index.php on line 229

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oriental/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php:808) in /home/oriental/public_html/index.php on line 230

dont know why...

www.oriental-mag.fr

• Hello, Rida

Are you sure you are using JSMF Bridge from JoomlaHacks.Com ?
      I dont find that problem using JSMF Bridge from JoomlaHacks.Com

Seems that you are using Orstio's Bridge,... correct me if I am wrong....

Best Regards,

Arifin

• Rida SGHAIER I have understand that you have a problem but here is off topic.

Can you put your problem in another topic please?

I dont find any problem with joomla 1.011 and smf 1.1 RC3 with orsito bridge but this bridge is not the best for me.
      but I'm not use CB!! I don't understand if the problem is here
      I installed SMF bridge component and configured it for community builder !

Regards Davide

• :) I did a big mistake !!! I installed the wrong SMF version !!! sorry ! It works now !!

But I had a little question ! The brige goal is to make people registred on the website and on the forum at the same time, but Why people has to enter his login again on the forum ! even if he does it on the website ?

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds