0 items Join Now

Cross Theme Compatibility

• Adrian Cooper
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Technologist, Published Author

Cross Theme Compatibility

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • Hi,

Are all Rocket Themes cross-content compatible? What I mean by that is this; if I build a site around a current theme, and then decide to upgrade to a future theme, will all my content still be visible? I guess the related question is are all the same modules etc. used?

Basically I just want my sites to be theme future proof. If there are any issues; any advice on site design to ensure future-proofing?

Awesome templates; thanks again!
    • www.ourultimatereality.com
    • Yves
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Cross Theme Compatibility

• As templates are not built on the same scheme, you will have sometimes to publish your modules, articles, etc. in another position, or adjust width of tables, images, etc.

For example, in Technopia, you have to publish your modules in left position (even if you show your "left" column in right position). In another template like Mobius, you will need to publish them in right position. In backend, it's just a matter of changing one parameter.

Your content will stay visible if you publish it at the place determined by the template.
    • Yves
    • Youyou
    • Elite Rocketeer

• But if you want that it works with a template chooser and have the same content visible in different templates, you must edit the index.php and change all the <?php mosLoadModules('position', -2); ?> and mosCountModules('position') and accord the 'position'.
      But be carefull ;)
    • Adrian Cooper
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Technologist, Published Author

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds