Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RocketTheme Member Management? Questions about building community with Joomla!

• RocketTheme Member Management? Questions about building community with Joomla!

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Hi!

Just want to say I love this site and the templates are awesome!

I was wondering what script or solution you are using to manage members? I notice there is content that is not available until you become a member and I am looking for some kind of component for Joomla that will allow me to do this for a site I am working on. I basically need to create a whole community that is for 'members' only. Some access will be paid, but most will reqire that a member sign up and give some personal info.

First some background:
      I am creating a Joomla powered web site is for a musical artist.

The site is going to focus manily on community and will have a 'members only' section with free and purchasable MP3 downloadables (of the artists own music), Gallery 2 photo gallery, etc. But the site will also have a non-member section that includes a blog, flash photo gallery, dynamic and static content pages, Virtuemart powered store and other features such as polls etc.

If anyone has any suggestions for a community type script I would really appreciate suggestions.

I am looking for these things specifically:

1.) The ability to send registered community members mass emails/newsletters in plain text or html (user can tick a box that indicates html/plain text preference) The newsletter subscription is mandatory for registrants. We must be able to send out email blasts to users based on State, Province or Country. I will need to be able to have a series of dropdown lists in the registration that requires a registrant to enter in State/Province or Country (for out of US/Canada registrants)

c.) Upon registration, we will need to be able to collect age and sex and other demographic information.

2.) A component that can rotate featured community members? Can such a component be put into a module that goes on the outside 'non member' part in a side bar?

3.) The ability for members upload things like fan art and other graphical or text items for display in the community section.

4.) The ability for users to PM each other when in the members section.

5.) A community chat module that can be integrated into the members section.

6.) The ability for SMF or something just as robust be incorporated into for the member section?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Re: RocketTheme Member Management? Questions about building community with Joomla!

• The stuff Andy is using is custom hacked stuff I belive..
      The question has been asked a lot of times and there is no component that I know of both free or commercial that can do it.
      I also think Andy have mentioned something about showing how to do it, but he is a busy bee so when it will happen I am not sure.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: RocketTheme Member Management? Questions about building community with Joomla!

• I have some 'stuff' in the works to possible create this with another company. I gained alot of know-how on what works and what functionality is needed, i simply don't have the time to make it happen right now.
  • Re: RocketTheme Member Management? Questions about building community with Joomla!

• Ah, Ok thanks for the answer.

It would be cool to see something developed when the time allows!
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Trust me it's on my list of things. cheers.
  • Re: RocketTheme Member Management? Questions about building community with Joomla!

• You might try and check out Community Builder. Its very robust and it just might suit what you need.
      www.joomlapolis.com

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds