Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Site of the Month - September Nominations

• damo
    • Elite Rocketeer

Site of the Month - September Nominations

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Welcome to the September nominations thread. You've got until 21st September to get your nominations in and the competition is hotting up after two months of some great nominations.

Rules can be viewed here:
      www.rockettheme.com/index.php?option=com...mid=149&topic=2459.0

If you want to nominate a site (it doesn't have to be yours) reply to this message putting a link to the site and tell us anything you want about what you've done to the template or what you like about the site.

The winner will be announced at the end of September. You'll get the respect of the RocketTheme community and a very special page on this site as seen here for the winner in July (August will be up soon):
      www.rockettheme.com/blogcategory/Site_of_the_Month/

This thread is to be used for nominations only, (I let it slip last month but if any chit chat happens in here I'll just move the thread). If you want to talk about a specific site use this thread start a new thread in Member Sites, please!
    • Last Edit: 17 years 7 months ago by damo.
    • www.c3p0.se - sweden
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Site of the Month - September Nominations

• August is now up!
  • Re: Site of the Month - September Nominations

• I have to go with my site for this month. The work done to the rocket theme template "Internett Gazzete" is very visible and complicated.

www.futbolli.com

The website is purely rockettheme and joomla.

Thanks!
    • www.futbolli.com

• Here's my nomination for September: www.dutchjoomla.org .
      The website is the portal for the (big) dutch joomla community.
      It uses the Versatility II Template and uses different color themes for the different subsites (forum, wiki, topsites, link directory).
    • greetings,

Guido Jansen

• I hope it's not egotistical of me to try to nominate my own site again. It's completely different since the Carbonation theme last month. I'm very proud of it, especially given the work (content), implementation (photo gallery), and a beautiful new logo design (by Thomas of beta-code.com). I've also added a color module on the right side and have attached small, colorful photos to each blog entry to add some color to the site without overwhelming the senses.

Site: www.stevenguyenonline.com > Classroom Management and Saipan Blog
      Template: RocketTheme Mobius
      Logo by: Thomas Meldgaard Nielsen of www.beta-code.com

The logo is a 70's theme, but with Marvin the Android holding a microphone symbolizing my job as a trainer/presenter in behavior and classroom management. Groovy man! I love the minimalist design and the clean Zen look. I hope that my site has followed that. Everything from the comment forms (AJAX) to the choice of photo gallery is in keeping with the overall goal of a clean, simplistic website with just a splash of color. :)

[Note:] Updated site screenshot 9/21/2006
    • Last Edit: 17 years 7 months ago by .

Posted 17 years 7 months ago
    • My nomination for this month.

Site: indicjoomla.org
      Template: Versatality II (current) I used DigiMania when I first launched the site
      Logo: IndicJoomla! logo was donate to IndicJoomla by Anbu. You can see the
      original submission by Anbu at:

forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,5176.0.html

The biggest challenge for me has been to make the template morph into Indian
      culture (color, style, design and so on) along with making it flow with the Hindi/Devanagari
      language.

IndicJoomla! is a portal that provides a platform for development of Indic Open Source Web Resources. Indic distribution of world renowned Content Management System (CMS) Joomla! is one of the first in this effort. IndicJoomla! is the Accredited Translation Partner of Joomla! focusing on providing Joomla! and its related components and modules in all possible Indic Languages. IndicJoomla! is a revolution in the way websites have been done in Indic Language. IndicJoomla! distribution is the first content management system (CMS) that provides the South East Asian web community, the resources and the platform to develop fully UNICODE compliant websites in any Indic I language. The IndicJoomla! Portal was launched on the 27th of November 2005 with the release of its Hindi/Devanagari language translation for Joomla! and IndicJoomla! Bengali was released in March 2006. Several other language translations including Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Nepali etc are in their development stages.

• OK here we go http://www.nocniagenti.com 
      contet will be done soon we are working on our 1st magazin issue
      for all non EX-YU check out sister site English only (translation basicly) nightagents.us
    • Need better host? Visit www.hostposter.com to find best host on the web
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• I put forward www.ijoomla.com as they have done a nice revamp of Internet Gazette.

• Dave Goodwin
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Howdy!!

• I would like to nominate Jose Cid Avila for his site based upon Versatility II at:

http://www.mafud.com

dave
    • "I'm an individual, just like everyone else."

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds