Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Kudos Andy

• Kudos Andy

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • I just wanted to drop a quick (okay maybe not so quick) note.
      I'm really a hack when it comes to computers. I only got my first one a few years back. I have no coding experience ouside of the online classes i took through my local college. I taught myself html, CSS and then Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
      But, I decided to use my marketing expertise to some benefit other than my employer. I then set out to try and figure out the whole website thingy. I figured I was a bright enough person and like most people really not geekified enough to fully understand everything. That was a real understatement. I started doing little silly sites for myselfland started learning by copying the code from other sites I liked to see how it was all done. Then I was doing sites for free for friends. Lots of them. They are all terrible now that I look back at them. But people kept asking. Several thousand hours later here I am.
      I don't do designs for a living...I do it for a diversion. And I also do it to finance my other diversions (fishing as you can see in my avatar).
      I found Joomla after reading about the CMS revolution. I was then heavily into php forums and am a tester for Invision Power Serivces and their upcoming CMS and their board software.
      But honestly...I couldn't code a php page to save my life. I can fix everything else...but not that.

So why do I waste all this bandwidth for this monologue?
      I just want to say that if you really want the best CMS with the easiest interfaces and the absolute epitome of well crafted template work, there is no substitue for Joomla and Rocket Themes. I'm not a coder, but I am now a designer. And it is largely due to the hard work of those before me. I gladly shell out the money for a professional membership here because I want all my customers to have a well laid out and attractive website. I won't do a site anymore unless it includes a Rocket Theme template. My name won't go on anything second rate. I offer my customers free lifetime tech support...and I don't want to actually have to give any..thankfully with Joomla and Andy, it is very rare that I do.
      Joomla made the CMS available for the common person. Rocket Themes made it look good.
      My goal is to one day develop software that lets us Irish guys have the apostrophe in their names.....if you had an apostrophe in your name you'd know what I was talking about.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Kudos Andy

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Thanks for the kind words Rick!

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds