Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Rockettheme logo?

• Rockettheme logo?

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • How did you make the rockettheme logo?
      I have a rocket as a logo for one of my businesses but it does not look as good as rocketthemes.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Rockettheme logo?

• I just created from scratch in fireworks.
  • Re: Rockettheme logo?

• Could you post a tutorial showing how you did it?

I have trouble making custome logos with photoshop and fireworks.
      I am new to fireworks, but its pretty much like photoshop.

Like how would you make something like that?

• This is just a general thing to consider.

When you start on such a logo make sure you have a solid sketch or a very clear idea how it should look.
      Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator wont help at all, unless you have a good sketch or idea - if you cant draw it on paper in the first place you cant do it in a digital program either.

Sorry for stating the obvious, but a lot think that some digital drawing software is the key to makin creative stuff, but its not really..

• But if you know the pentool in either of the programs and you know how to join and substract shapes and you know how to turn on the grid + snap to grid, you got all it takes to build the sketch/idea.

Start out with the body of the rocket, draw the right side first - start with the tip, make a nice curve, go a little to the left and close the curve with a click on the first point you made.

Copy and paste that shape, flip it horizontal and adjust so both shapes share the same middle axis, select both shapes and join 'em.

Draw the window/reflection in one shape and substract it from the body.

The fins are done in a similar way first you make a small version of the body as descriped, then you join it with a square shape, offset it a little from the body. Copy and paste, mirror it horizontal and you got two fins.

Again the fire is the same as the body and fins just smaller, and perhaps the top where trimmed with a square figure.

The pattern could just be a couple of square duplicates.

Voila!

Now go make your own UNIQUE rocket ;)
    • Last Edit: 17 years 8 months ago by .

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds