Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Create a Template Called "Simple"

• Create a Template Called "Simple"

Posted 8 months 3 weeks ago
    • Hello,

I've got 10 Joomla sites running for my business -- and about half of them are RocketTheme. The framework for RocketTheme is really fantastic in terms of flexibility with how to set up modules. I've never found better -- because my needs are pretty complex.

But if there's one thing I don't like it's that RocketTheme's templates can be "overdesigned." There's sometimes too much going on, too much flashiness. Oftentimes, the logo position is too small, too.

So if I could ask for one thing, it would be a templated called Simple -- straight up barebones template with the ability for a larger logo, lots of menu-position options, and simply color options instead of graphics. Kind of like the J4 Cassiopeia template, but with far greater flexibility -- actually, the same flexibility that RocketTheme templates already have.

I'm hoping it can happen one day!

DAS
    • Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Douglas Schneider.
    • The following users have thanked you: TEiM

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Create a Template Called "Simple"

Posted 8 months 2 weeks ago
  • Re: Create a Template Called "Simple"

Posted 8 months 5 days ago
    • When I show the templates to a customer, I remind them that it's just a demo with "All the bells and whistles" turned on, and the end result should only resemble the demo, not mirror it.

Then I always start with a blank slate and use template overrides to get the best placement for their logo. Most of the RT templates have small logo areas but they are all workable.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds