Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Installation issues - CMS

• PMA
    • Rocketeer

Installation issues - CMS

Posted 8 months 4 weeks ago
    • Hello all,

I am seeking any assistance possible with intalling my joomla template on HOST MONSTER. I could not find forum for general help so p;ease excuse my manners. Thanks in advance for any help!

Error message - sorry there was a problem and we could not recover from it" Server returned a 500 whooops, looks like something went wrong - error

Respectfully,
      Josh
    • Last Edit: 8 months 4 weeks ago by PMA.
    • Karol Orzeł
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • One Crazy Dev

Re: Installation issues - CMS

Posted 8 months 1 week ago
    • Hello Josh,

Firstly, no worries about posting here; we're here to help! The error message you're seeing (500 Internal Server Error) is quite a generic server error, and it can be caused by various reasons.

To help you better, I need a bit more information:

Joomla Version: Which version of Joomla are you trying to install?
      Template Name and Version: What's the name and version of the template you are trying to install?
      Gantry Version: If you're using a Gantry template, please let us know which version of the Gantry framework you are using.
      Server Details: Can you provide some basic information about your hosting environment? Specifically, PHP version, memory limit, and any other relevant details you might have.
      Additionally, a few initial troubleshooting steps:

Error Reporting: Try turning on Joomla's error reporting to 'maximum' in the Global Configuration. This might provide a more detailed error message.
      .htaccess: If you have an .htaccess file in your Joomla root, try renaming it temporarily to see if it's causing the issue.
      Permissions: Ensure all your directories and files have the correct permissions. Directories should be 755 and files should be 644.
      PHP Version: Some templates or extensions may not be compatible with certain versions of PHP. Ensure you're using a version that's compatible with both Joomla and the template you're trying to use.
      Memory Limit: Sometimes, a 500 error can be caused due to PHP memory exhaustion. You might want to try increasing the memory limit.
      Please provide the requested details, and we'll take it from there. I'm confident we can help you get this sorted out.

Best regards,
      Karol Orzeł, RocketTheme Support.
    • karolorzel.com
    • PMA
    • Rocketeer

Re: Installation issues - CMS

Posted 7 months 2 weeks ago
    • Thank you so much for rtesponding.

I am using Joomla
      Version : 4.3.4, 3.10.12, 2.5.28
      Release Date : 22-08-2023

Just can't make any progress with the installation. I tried the OhP was fisrt as well

Josh

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds