Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Hadron FontAwesome Incompatibility (Icons)

• Zackary

Re: Hadron FontAwesome Incompatibility (Icons)

Posted 1 year 9 months ago
    • MrT wrote:
      The files are supplied by fontawesome and they are fine. The files contain multiple browser instructions that are ignored by some browsers and acted upon by others.

Regards, Mark.

I understand, however something in the file is not correct.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I don't know much, but I do know enough to realize that when half the file has text being recognized as proper formatting, and then right in the middle it stops and everything goes to plain text with zero synthax highlighting - something is broken.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I don’t think it’s wrong - but if you do then report it to the gantry 5 open source project on GitHub as it’s not RT template code.

Regards, Mark
    • Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Zackary

• I can validate my claims that it is the FontAwesome file having an issue.

In my previous screenshot, I took one of the FA icons (coffee) and added it to my menu bar, and the same result happened as the search icon.

Just for clarification, the FA "Coffee" is located after the synthax highlighting stopped, just like the search icon; for reference see:

Everything after the synthax highlighting no longer works - which means it is not and isolated issue.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Zackary. Reason: Image Link Issue
    • Zackary

• MrT wrote:
      I don’t think it’s wrong - but if you do then report it to the gantry 5 open source project on GitHub as it’s not RT template code.

Regards, Mark
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That would be incorrect since you should use ‘fa fa-coffee” or fab or fas.

But either way there is nothing I can do from RT. It’s gantry5 that would need to change.

Regards, Mark
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• It’s not an RT theme issue (if it is an issue) - it would be gantry 5 (not rt). Please use contact us link at the bottom of the page for subscription support.

Regards, Mark

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds