Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

JoomlaIF Hacked!

• JoomlaIF Hacked!

Posted 17 years 9 months ago
    • As of 10:53pm Eatern time U.S. I went to visit http://www.joomlaif.com  A place where I get some of my nice Joomla components and found a message from a Turkish Hacking Crew. Does anyone else here use Joomlaif.com for components?

I'm sure they will repair this issue soon, so it may not be there when some of you go to look!

http://www.joomlaif.com/

I noticed something very alarming... I decided to paste into Google the message found on JoomlaIF's website. The message was from the hackers, it read: AYYILDIZ DELTA SALDIRI TIMI

If you put that into Google you will see many Joomla sites that this crew has hacked, I wonder what kind of flaw this group is exploiting. I believe in giving the proper credit to Joomla or any developer for that matter, when it comes to copyrights, but maybe the powered by Joomla! is leaving an open door for groups like this to seek people out and target Joomla sites!
    • Last Edit: 17 years 9 months ago by Jacques Heiner.
    • Nathan
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: JoomlaIF Hacked!

• It's a calendar exploit. The calendar was long forgotten by the original developer and no one at Joomla picked it up to continue with it and update it / patch it.

They have now.

There are some work arounds and they are preparing to relase an update to close this little problem shortly.

• Does this affect Joomla! 1.0.10 Stable?
    • Red
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 17 years 8 months ago
    • Details of these turkish hackers is all over the Vwar site.

I can include an example of a security flaw as well...

www.vwar.de/ib/index.php?showtopic=11676&hl=turkish
      www.vwar.de/ib/index.php?showtopic=11601&hl=turkish

www.blogcu.com/Liz0ziM/431925

You can also get free software from them so I suspect thier freedom may be short lived...but then again..this is turkey...

Still given that they only need to once breach any western government site and anyone associated to them is history...

They have a habbit of placing a "nameof image.jpg.php" into the server and from there they can delete everything on the hard disk.

They leave the file and the log file (if on a decent server) being kept off the hard disk tracks their ip.

All 3 sites teach and instruct on how to run back door scripts using spoof images...

then it's -r

over
    • Last Edit: 17 years 8 months ago by .

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds