Welcome Guest! Login
1 items / $24.00 Checkout

Theme Requests ?

• C-T-O
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Theme Requests ?

Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
    • I have seen various topics from time to time where users ask for suggestions for an existing template to use for their website but never sure if there is a process to request a certain type of theme for consideration as the basis of a future Rocket Theme monthly template ? .... so here goes nothing ...

We are developing replacement sites for two organisations. One is a professional football (soccer) club in Scotland, the other a non-profit daycare in Toronto. We dont do this for profit, we do it for fun and because we have personal connections to both organisations, so there is no actual design budget for either site that allows us to get custom themes created. We currently use the 'Vermilion' Joomla Template for the soccer club and the Wordpress 'Salient' Template for the daycare. Neither template is specifically tailored towards the business area of either of the organisations but I think we have made them work with a little basic tweaking here and there.

In all our years as members of Rocket Theme, I dont recall seeing anything 'education' or 'sports/soccer' related that might work with minimal changes so hoping that this might be a consideration in the future .... ?
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

Re: Theme Requests ?

• C-T-O wrote:
      In all our years as members of Rocket Theme, I dont recall seeing anything 'education' or 'sports/soccer' related that might work with minimal changes so hoping that this might be a consideration in the future .... ?

Thanks for the suggestion. While a number of our templates are already being used in education and sports websites, I can certaily understand your need for something that is as out-of-the-box ready for the topic as possible. We'll certainly keep it in mind as we come up with future theme concepts.

In the meantime, we've found that Interstellar and Photon are pretty easy to work into a functional and appropriate educational site. Often, this just takes the right photos and a small adjustment to the color scheme to accomplish. Protean and Requiem are also a popular choice for educational, corporate, and government websites.

In the sports realm, there are some really cool things being done with Remnant . Its integrated video particle is a great way to show off highlights. The large background image would easily make a great host to a team photo or image of the stadium/field/etc. The tour dates particle can display game times and locations very easily.

I hope these suggestions help. In any case, we'll keep this idea in mind for future themes.
    • The following users have thanked you: C-T-O

• Ryan Matthew Pierson / Technical Writer / Buda, TX USA
    • C-T-O
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks for the quick response, I will take a look at these themes to see if they might be candidates for us.
    • LooTz Timone
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • I love Rocket Theme

Posted 7 years 1 week ago
    • Why are their no new themes for over a month now ?
  • Re: Theme Requests ?

• The last template was released on March 2, 2017. So over 2 months has passed. Ryan wrote that the new template will be released this week or next. But he did not promise.
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• LooTz Timone wrote:
      Why are their no new themes for over a month now ?

Hello,

I addressed this question in more detail in several threads in this forum. The basic situation right now is that we had a delay in the design phase of this theme. Basically, we had an initial design that was good but we felt with some adjustments we could add some suggestions from the community in. So, we had the design redone. This delayed development a bit.

We have developed the base theme and yesterday I put the finishing touches on the home page's written content while the dev team continues to tweak bits and pieces so that they fit our vision. Adding customization options to particles, adjusting the timing of animations, and of course testing and fixing any bugs we come across.

This phase in our development is known as the sandbox phase. The theme is basically like a car that's up on a lift being worked on by a team of mechanics. Once this is done we'll go through a quick testing phase with our modsquad and, pending there are no unforseen issues, release it.

We're getting close. I just can't give you an estimate of exactly when because we don't know what we'll come across during testing.

I can't emphasize enough that this theme is a big one. It has more particles than we usually include with a theme, and a lot of different ways to present content. This means more development time, but we have been saying for some time that we are not going to adhere to a preset deadline and sacrifice quality. This theme that's coming is really cool.

We're anxious for it to get released too!

Steps We're Taking to Improve Our Process

Instead of submitting our concept materials to our artist after the current theme has been released, we submitted this information last week in order to speed up the process. There is some back-and-forth as the concept turns into an actual theme design, but we expect that by doing this early we'll have a shorter turnaround for the next theme.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Ryan M Pierson. Reason: added info
    • The following users have thanked you: mundogame.com, Björn Hallier, C-T-O, djSoft

• Re: Theme Requests ?

• Very good Ryan. With information we can understand best your decisions :)
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• mundogame.com wrote:
      Very good Ryan. With information we can understand best your decisions :)

Andy made a statement this afternoon on this thread .
    • wombat
    • Rocketeer

• Yes, Ryan and Andy,
      Thanks for the Info. We may not all be pleased, but we know what is going on. That is a big PLUS for RT, and also a big change compared to the last couple of months. Please keep this up, it will solve a lot of problems before they are really a problem.

I am anxiously awaiting the new release and really hope that it will be one that has something different than the last few releases. I am sure I will not be disappointed, but I will also be very critical with this one ;) . I am still waiting for the "WOW" effect, but if it is innovative, has some new ideas, and looks good, I will be pleased. The "WOW" might be with the next release, or the one after, sooner or later it will come (at least for me) if things keep going in this direction.

Thanks once again, please keep this up, and Ryan; Do not spend so much time with us. Your baby will come soon, take care of it and your wife and when everything is back to normal come back. I am sure someone from RT can answer questions we may have during your abscence.

BTW, do you have a name for the little one?
    • Ryan M Pierson
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Technical Writer

• wombat wrote:
      Thanks once again, please keep this up, and Ryan; Do not spend so much time with us. Your baby will come soon, take care of it and your wife and when everything is back to normal come back. I am sure someone from RT can answer questions we may have during your abscence.

BTW, do you have a name for the little one?

It's my pleasure to communicate with y'all. We are excited about the new theme, and understand that y'all are equally excited and anxious to get ahold of it. It's coming. :)

I've got about a week left before I disappear for a bit. His name will be Luke. :)

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds