Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Split menu issue

• Marina

Re: Split menu issue

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • As you can see in my first message attachments I have already done what you wrote...
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Why exactly do you want a split menu? Do you fully understand the intent of a Split Menu? Are ALL your menu items Parent items? Did you assign a position that actually exists where you want your Child Items to display? When I click any of your menu items they navigate to a new page... so it doesn't seem like they're Parent items only with Child items of actual content
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Marina

• For the moment, I’m just interested in how my site looks like.
      Maybe I really don’t understand, as you say, the intent of a split menu. I just need my main menu to look like it. If it’s not possible and you can’t help me I will try another template.
      Thanks
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• different how? We can generally help you restyle the menu... some requests get far too custom to be within the scope of support... be we just need to know what you want... marking up a screen shot is often helpful

Split Menu is intended to launch a separate "split" or "sub" menu in a different location for each Parent item that is clicked... for example, you have your Parent/Main menu at the top of your site and your "split" menu in the Sidebar... the Sidebar navigation items change based on which Parent item you click.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Marina

• Thank you for your explanation, now I understand.

If it's not too much to ask and you could help with my problem, I wold be grateful.
      My menu should look like the one in the attachment.

Thank you very much.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Disable the Menu from Template Settings and use a Joomla Menu Module instead, in that same position ;)
    • Marina

• I did thet before I tryed the forum... a menu created like that isn't responsive (doesn't become a panel). How can I do that?
    • Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Marina.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Joomla does not have a mobile menu built in... there's no way to make the Joomla Menu Module behave responsively out of the box.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• try this custom css with our menu and see if you like it:
      .gf-menu li {
          float: none;
      }
      .menu-block {
        float: left;
        padding-left: 1rem;
      }
    • Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Matt.
    • Marina

• Hello, sorry for my delay.
      It works, but there is really too much space between the menu items ad I have to add a few more of them.
      Is there a way to have a smaller space after each line of text?
      Thank you for your help

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds