Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Split menu issue

• Marina

Split menu issue

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • Hello, I’m using Plethora and I have a problem with the main menu.
      I want to change it to Split-Menu type, but it doesn’t change aspect, and a “Home menu” line appears. How can I fix it?
      Thank you
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: Split menu issue

• Welcome to the Boards!

[Menu Name] Menu on the sub-menu of the Split menu is a hardcoded thing if I remember correctly... I believe you'll find several posts on it if you search the forums here... if you post a link to your site we can hide it with some custom CSS

www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-templat...title?start=0#541587
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Marina

• Hallo, I searched the previous posts an found the solution to hide the menu name, thank you.

What about the fact that even if I set the main menu type as splitmenu in the template manager, it doesn't change and shows as a dropdown menu?
      Thank you
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Make sure you clear out the Gantry cache after making that change (upper right)... also clear out the Joomla System caches after making that change
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Marina

• I cleared out the cache in templates manager, extensions ad joomla system but it didn't work.
      Is there anything alse I could try?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• I'm a little confused... your screen shots in your original post show the Menu Type is set to Split Menu and then shows a Split Menu on the front end... what exactly isn't working? Is this a new issue?
    • Marina

• Sorry I can't explain it better, my english is not that good!
      I need a menu like the one in the uploaded image.
      Thank you very much
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• That's what it looks like you've got in your 1st screen shot.... did you configure the Split Menu options?

www.rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/extensio...md#splitmenu-options
    • Marina

• Sorry, but where I configure the split menu options if it is my Mainmenu? There isn't a module (the only menu modules in Plethora are Top menu and Site menu) and in the Templates Manager I can't find where to configure them.
      Thanks
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Extensions > Template Settings > Menu Tab > Menu Control > Type = Split Menu
    • The following users have thanked you: pauldev

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds