Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How do I start using the Font Awesome Collection

• How do I start using the Font Awesome Collection

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Hello everyone,
      I want to start using Rockettheme's Font Awesome Collection. I am using the Anocron Template. The Joomla version it is running on is Joomla! 3.3.6. I want to take advantage of the icons to implement into articles, in addition to other benefits the Font Awesome Collection offers. If anyone could provide a step by step solution on how to get started I would very much appreciate it.
      Thank you.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Ari Erdfarb.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: How do I start using the Font Awesome Collection

• First of all it's not rocketthemes' fontawesome collection (we're just users of it). Next, Anacron is using fontawesome 3.x and not 4.x so you need to use the correct icon-xxx classes. Finally if you look at the "typography" page of the demo and rocketlauncher it tells you how to use the icon-xxx classes.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: How do I start using the Font Awesome Collection

• MrT wrote:
      First of all it's not rocketthemes' fontawesome collection (we're just users of it). Next, Anacron is using fontawesome 3.x and not 4.x so you need to use the correct icon-xxx classes. Finally if you look at the "typography" page of the demo and rocketlauncher it tells you how to use the icon-xxx classes.

Regards, Mark.

Thank you. I will go over the typography information and then reply back.
      Thanks again.

• I originally had FontAwesome 4x downloaded. I went back and downloaded an earlier version, Version 3.2.1. Is this version still to new?

I went to the Typography page. The video tutorial is not longer up. I still need step by step instructions on how exactly to get started with my downloaded files.

Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The anacron template already includes (and uses) fontawesome 3.2.x so there is no need for you to download or install fontawesome at all. Fontawesome 3.2.x is an old release of Fontawesome - it not the most up to date - but the template was designed to use fontawesome 3.2.x the change to fontawesome 4.x.x made lots of fundamental changes so that why this template has not been update.

To use fontawesome 3.2.x you just write code like this...
      <span class="icon-download">

</span>

This is all stated on the typography page.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Ari Erdfarb

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Is using the RockCandy Macros one way of using the Font Awesome 3x Collection? I am assuming once I upload Font Awesome 3X to the correct directory via ftp to my template then I will see the icons I want to use. Is this correct?
      Thank you.

*** I was posting this as the same time you were replying above.***
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No, it's nothing to do with rokcandy. just try using the code I gave you above in your customhtml and you'll see that it works.

Regards, Mark.

• MrT wrote:
      No, it's nothing to do with rokcandy. just try using the code I gave you above in your customhtml and you'll see that it works.

Regards, Mark.

I am happy the icons are now showing up. Very simple. Thank you for your help.
      Now I have two short more questions.
      1. How do I increase the size of the icons?
      2. Why is the top icons not centered like the icons under it? I will put the code in the Secure section.
      3. What purpose does the code serve next to the icon's name?
      Thank you again for all of your help.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

• I think I found the solution to increase the size of the icons.
      <h1><p class="MsoNoSpacing" style="text-align: center;" align="center"><span class="icon-bullseye"></span></h1></p>
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No that is not how to do it... use the fontawesome classes... http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/3.2.1/cheatsheet/
      <span class="icon-comment icon-5x"></span>

Also, stop copying and pasting from microsoft word too. That is what is adding all that redundant "msonormal" type classes that do nothing on a website.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds