Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Problem with thirdparty-k2.css

• shenk
    • Hero Rocketeer

Problem with thirdparty-k2.css

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • Stupidly, it has this line with infamous "!important"
      body #k2Container table tr, body #k2Container table th, body #k2Container table td{background: none !important;border: 0 !important;}
      It totally messes up with gantry templates' table style, tables with class "table table-bordered" will not have td borders at all because of this line. I can never understand why the person who wrote this file would add "!important" to this line. Now to get the table style, instead of simply add "table table-bordered" class to the tables, I have to do many ugly CSS editting, adding "!important" here and there to overwrite the chaos caused by this file. Moreover, if you edit or delete the file, a few days later it comes back. I believe this has caused a lot of frustration, not only to me.
      I know I can turn it off in the template setting, but I still want some othere K2 features, so this is not an option to deal with this issue. Besides editting CSS files, is there any other way to deal with this issue?

PS: The table style is not the only thing this file messed up with.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Problem with thirdparty-k2.css

• Could you please tell me what template you are referring to?

Also, post a link to your site please

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Neither current versions of Gantry nor current generation RT template have table styles... sounds like you're referring to Bootstrap... Gantry does include Bootstrap coding...

Using !important isn't stupid when it's necessary... not to mention that thirdparty-k2 is an Override file to begin with... so it's code meant to Override K2's core styling... and depending on how K2 writes their initial styling, !important may be needed to Override it...

our CSS files are compiled dynamically via our LESS files... thats why they "come back" after you delete them...

you could *maybe* Override this in your Custom CSS file with a single line...

body #k2Container table tr, body #k2Container table th, body #k2Container table td{background: initial !important;border: inherit !important;}

If Deleting the entire compiled thirdparty-k2.css file worked for you, that's the exact same thing as turning off the K2 Styling in the Advanced Tab... so just toggle it off if you want.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • shenk
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thank you! your post clarifies a lot of things for me.
      One more thing, can I edit .less file to make permanent change to thierdparty-k2.css?
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• any template file of ours that you edit will get overwritten when you upgrade the theme... so it's your call on whether or not you want to do that.

custom LESS files are supported and are upgrade proof same as custom CSS files

www.rockettheme.com/forum/free-joomla-st...-file?start=0#860738
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds