Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

cannot install Rok extensions or template after upgrade

• crice
    • Rocketeer

cannot install Rok extensions or template after upgrade

Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    • I just upgraded to Joomla 3.4. I can install other extensions like RSForm but cannot install RokNavMenu, RokSprocket or the standalone Cerulean template. We had all those installed before the upgrade and I uninstalled them. I tried various things like fixing the database in the extension manager, clearing cache, Extensions - Discover. So far nothing has worked. There are no error messages, just a white screen.

I've tried disabling the three Rok extensions we have on the site (RokCommon, Rokextened and RokInjectmodule) and Gantry but that doesn't work either.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: cannot install Rok extensions or template after upgrade

• Are you using all the latest versions of those extensions for their installations? They have all been updated to work with J3.4 with the exception of rokbox which we are still working on.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • crice
    • Rocketeer

• I downloaded Cerulean 1.5 yesterday so yes, that's new and won't install. I'll get the latest of the others and try them.
    • crice
    • Rocketeer

• I did get RokSprocket to install once I downloaded the new version 2.1.3. It also installed RokCommon and RokInjectModule. Thanks!

When I tried Cerulean, it still produced a blank screen but then I went to Extensions-Discover and Cerulean was listed. After discovering, it shows in the Template Manager as 'files_Joomla - Default.' If I click on it, the styles don't show, just '500-error loading file.' When I try to load its files in the Template Manager, it shows the screen cap below.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • crice
    • Rocketeer

• I also tried uninstalling Gantry, then installing the Cerulean bundle version 1.5. Still get a blank screen, no Gantry install, nothing to discover and no 'files' showing in the Template Manager.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • crice
    • Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to crice, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I managed to install gantry and extensions but cerulean won't install. Please can you look in the Apache error log for me and tell me any recent messages in there that might give me more clues to solve this for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Another member seems to be having same issue as yourself...

I'm not sure but we may have a problem with the install script here. I've asked our DEVS to have a look so please bear with us whilst we investigate further.

Regards, Mark.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok So I can confirm that we have NOT yet released a J3.4 compatible version of Cerulean installer. http://www.rockettheme.com/product-updates

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds