Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RT Paradigm IE 11 bug (even at your demo)

• Kostas
    • Jr. Rocketeer

RT Paradigm IE 11 bug (even at your demo)

Posted 9 years 9 months ago
    • Dear RocketTheme,

Sorry for posting here but I have discovered a bug at my template (RT Paradigm) which also occur at your demo of this template. You may see the website from secure tab and scroll down to the section at the homepage that says "Social Media Marketing". There if you mouseover the blue link you can see that images and text are disappearing from place and a huge page scroll is generated.

I went ahead and tested your demo of this template and since you don't have links at the corresponding section I manually typed a simple <a> tag using firebug and the bug also occured at your demo as well.

The details of the browsers I tested are IE 11.0.9600.17207 and IE 11.0.9600.17126 (both versions are producing the bug).

Could you please provide us with the fix of the above issue?

Thanks in advance.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: RT Paradigm IE 11 bug (even at your demo)

• Please do not post extensions/template specific questions in the "General Discussion" forum. You should post in the extension forum or template forum as appropriate. Most of these forums are for members who have a current PAID membership. Our priority is always to assist paying members.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your membership appears to have expired.

Our demo does not do this (as the demo currently is). I ran W3C validator on your site and got loads of errors - you need to fix these.... .

You are also using v1.1 of the template - current version is v1.2

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Kostas
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I understand what you said about my subscription but since the bug exists at your current demo and my website as well, then it is not about a new feature but a bug fix that existed when I puchased the template.

Now, you are saying that you can't see the bug at your demo, but if I go here demo.rockettheme.com/live/joomla/paradigm/ at the section GANTRY FRAMEWORK at the homepage and manually using firebug insert a simple <a> tag like below I am seeing the exact same bug (huge scroll) as at my website:

<p class="rt-large-text">
      A powerful core framework that offers a standard set of<span class="hidden-tablet"> intuitive and expandable</span> features<span class="hidden-tablet">, for easy administration through an advanced user interface</span>.
      </p> <a href="#">Test link</a>

I am attaching 2 screenshots to help you understand the bug, at the 1st I am writing the <a> tag and the 2nd is when I applied the custom code with the <a> tag and the text is disappearing and a huge page scroll is appearing.

s16.postimg.org/nmmn6qit1/rt_paradigm_ie_bug1.png
      s30.postimg.org/hh9y8rzpd/rt_paradigm_ie_bug2.png

Thank you in advance.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• There is no issue with the demo (see attached video http://www.screencast.com/t/QBQj6aJa6 ) - "#" means scroll to nothing (top of page) which is exactly what happens. - Your site has many many W3C markup errors that need to be resolved.

Also, please note that support is also only provided to members with current subscription too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Kostas
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• I saw the video, all is ok, but you used Firefox. The problem occurs in Internet Explorer and I also provided 2 different versions of Internet Explorer. I have created a video myself to help you see the problem.

www.screencast.com/t/JQQVnvng

Thanks in advance.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok here's the same thing on IE11 - works the same...

Regards, Mark.
    • Kostas
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Ok this is weird. I have tried the same as you can see at my video in 4 different laptops and the bug occurs. Have you tried to move your mouse over the link? That is when the bug occurs, if you place the mouse over that link.

P.S. About your previous mentions for the expired subscription, I really don't mind renew it if the bug should be resolved.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• screenshot with mouseover in IE11 attached.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds