Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Rockin on RTV3 !!!!!

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Rockin on RTV3 !!!!!

Posted 10 years 3 months ago
    • Now we're rockin with RTV3 - you're gonna love it!
    • The following users have thanked you: mjindustry

• Re: Rockin on RTV3 !!!!!

• Cool! I was dying to see this; the Kunena forum. :)
    • Commerce Site with Metropolis magento 1.7- Wood Signs
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

Re: Rockin on RTV3 !!!!!

• @mjindustry

We're using slightly customized version of Kunena 3.1 with a custom made RocketTheme Kunena template (and JavaScript).

Many of the new features and performance enchancements seen here are already merged to the next Kunena release -- and you can thank RocketTheme hiring me to implement many of those cool features. Don't ask me about the release date just yet -- I've been very busy doing the new RT site, which means that I've not put as much work on the new default template Crypsis. Most of the remaining work to get the release out is to finish the template and convert existing JavaScript to use jQuery. Unfortunately I cannot easily reuse the work we've done in JavaScript as RocketTheme site is not using jQuery.

There are some features, though, which I'm not quite ready to include to Kunena 3.1. These features include private messaging (click on full reply instead of quick reply and click the secure tab) and Elastic search integration.

RTv3 was a huge undertaking, especially the last week -- working like a crazy and barely sleeping at all. I'm very proud to be part of RocketTeam Team, it's been great to work these guys!
    • The following users have thanked you: Yves, DanG, mjindustry, Ali Samii

• Gantry 5, enjoy!

• Congratulations to RocketTheme, the site looks fantastic. I am a member of the Kunena team and I am very impressed how our software is being utlized. Yes and there is more to come for Kunena as well.
    • Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by coder4life.
    • The following users have thanked you: DanG, mjindustry

• Best Regards,
      Josh (aka coder4life)

Please be patient as we help you with questions. Sometimes preliminary questions are used to better investigate and recommend solutions. Make sure to search the forum to see if your answer has been answered previously. Last, make sure to have fun! :)

• Thanks Kunena guys! It's looking pretty dang good so far. Well, the whole RT site is fubar on my Windows Phone, but I'm probably a big time minority just running that phone.

Back to Kunena, yea I would say this is big for you guys. Rockettheme is using your forum..BOOM! That's awesome, congrats.

Where exactly to I keep up on the happenings...other thn the obvious of course. Do you have a personal blog or forum where i can keep tabs on that new template for example Matias?

Thanks again, looking forward to it.
    • Commerce Site with Metropolis magento 1.7- Wood Signs
    • Matias Griese
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Lead Developer

Re: Rockin on RTV3 !!!!!

• Yes, it seems that we were testing the site with all the possible platforms -- except the Windows phones... I believe that now that the team knows about the problems we're able to solve at least the worst issues.

Back to Kunena. It's great to have Kunena in such a large forum and there has been some talk with Joomla forum maintainers to replace phpBB to Kunena in the main Joomla site. But last time I talked with them, we decided to wait until we have more experience of running Kunena in a huge forum. Maybe with the experience from this project, we are finally able to move forward with our plans to conquest the world. :)

Unfortunately I've not been very good on keeping people up on the happenings and I'm never updating my personal blogs or twitter. I just prefer to use my personal time that I have available in writing some code rather than sitting down and spending that time to updating my blog. I've always had to balance my time between the work, family and Kunena -- and I tend to use too much time to the last one. It has been a bit easier while working in RocketTheme, though. :)

Right now I'm testing the forum, which explains my activity in here.
    • Gantry 5, enjoy!

• @mjindustry We will be developing several blog sections on our main site at kunena.org/blog detailing what we been working on.

Many of the features (specific to Kunena) were concieved ahead of time by Matias and discussed heavily within our team (Kunena) before we heard news of RocketTheme adopting Kunena. RocketTheme is the first example that has developed and utilized these new features in Kunena. It is really exciting to see it working in action. It is even more exciting to see parts coming back to Kunena as well. The new template being developed at our site was/is developed in parallel with code that was contributed back to our main repository over the last several months.

There are obvious problems we have to consider, such as RocketTheme was built in some key areas for specific purposes. Not everything is going to fit or come back to the Kunena Forum repository because it would just not align with our own goals. However the global outlook for both groups was to solve some key problems to make building things faster and more intuative.

So to answer your main question, watch that blog page, and you will hear from me soon TM ;).
    • Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by coder4life.
    • Best Regards,
      Josh (aka coder4life)

Please be patient as we help you with questions. Sometimes preliminary questions are used to better investigate and recommend solutions. Make sure to search the forum to see if your answer has been answered previously. Last, make sure to have fun! :)

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds