Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

demo joomla theme IE8 don't work

• Quentin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: demo joomla theme IE8 don't work

Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    • MrT wrote:
      please disable jch_optimise so I can see the code proper and clear server cache.

Regards, Mark.

Ok, disabled and cache deleted.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ok now your modsec rules are preventing me from looking at certain file son your site.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Quentin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• MrT wrote:
      ok now your modsec rules are preventing me from looking at certain file son your site.

Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.

Ok - see secure.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok so having checked your site I can see that your template is out of date. You are on v1.0 of hadron and latest version is 1.2 - please can you backup your site and update to v1.2 first.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Quentin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• MrT wrote:
      Ok so having checked your site I can see that your template is out of date. You are on v1.0 of hadron and latest version is 1.2 - please can you backup your site and update to v1.2 first.

Regards, Mark.

Updated.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• So I just tried your site on windows XP with IE8 and it seems to work ok? (see screenshot).

Regards, Mark.
    • Quentin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• MrT wrote:
      So I just tried your site on windows XP with IE8 and it seems to work ok? (see screenshot).

Regards, Mark.

Hello Mark,

That's interesting because I'm experiencing differing results. I had an old XP system (SP3) in the office with IE8 (v8.0.6001.18702) which when tested last night appeared to load homepage ok. But start clicking around the menu system and it crashed the page. I had another guy test with Win7/IE8 who got the unsupported browser page but I havent asked him to delete cache so that could explain it.

Anyway I just tried testing remotely with crossbrowsertesting and browserstack - see secure.

Quentin
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• All those links gives a 404 - presumably because they below to your account. I cannot recreate this issue so I have asked if any of the other MODS have a real IE8 machine to try this on. If nothing is forthcoming all I can then do is to raise a bug ticket for our DEVS to investigate this (but that could take a lot longer).

Regards, Mark.
    • Quentin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Quentin wrote:
      MrT wrote:
      So I just tried your site on windows XP with IE8 and it seems to work ok? (see screenshot).

Regards, Mark.

Hello Mark,

That's interesting because I'm experiencing differing results. I had an old XP system (SP3) in the office with IE8 (v8.0.6001.18702) which when tested last night appeared to load homepage ok. But start clicking around the menu system and it crashed the page. I had another guy test with Win7/IE8 who got the unsupported browser page but I havent asked him to delete cache so that could explain it.

Anyway I just tried testing remotely with crossbrowsertesting and browserstack - see secure.

Quentin

Sorry, have made them public for you. See secure
      Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I have asked one of DEVS if he can have a quick look, if not I'll have to raise a bug ticket.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds