Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

demo joomla theme IE8 don't work

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: demo joomla theme IE8 don't work

Posted 10 years 3 months ago
    • I just tried IE8 on windows XP and it works fine.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: demo joomla theme IE8 don't work

• ok i reinstall IE8.

• so after 30 minutes to reinstall :

res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#rockettheme.com, demo.rockettheme.com/joomla/hadron/

same error. I don't know what thinking about that. So i hope you are right and all is fine.

Thanks for the time you spend for me the team ;)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 10 years 2 months ago
    • I can confirm the same issue with this template crashing ie8 on windows 7.

The site will not load at all on windows xp ie8, however it does not crash the browser.

This is evident on my own installation with this template (hadron) as well as the demo site online.

Advice would be appreciated, I am not going to have time to work on this for a couple of days however if no solution has been posted by the time I find the problem (likely some redirect attempt which is looping?) I will post it here.

• and a quick update, the gantry shortversion is reporting 7 instead of 8 on my ie8 install on xp (likely why it behaves differently than on windows 7 though will need to see if windows 7 is doing the same or not).

• The crashes which were happening on my version of the site were solved by removing the selectivzr (sp?) component via the template setup.

• Although I will not test this myself due to timing (and the fact I expect you guys to be bug hunting in your own templates) this seems to likely be caused by the mix of using @font-face and selectivzr. stiankarlsen.me/blog/how-to-fix-selectivizr-in-ie8/

Looking forward to some feedback on this issue.

And a correction to my earlier statement that gantry was reading my ie8 in xp as ie7, this was just due to the browser being reloaded in compatibility mode (because of the crash which was experienced on ie8 in my windows 7 environment also).
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• If indeed there is an issue with selectivr (and I don't know if there is) then I think it would be highly unlikely that we will start altering our templates to code around that - it would be much better if you raised this issue with the developers of Selectivr (we are just users of it).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• I am surprised by this reaction to be honest. I had expected as you're bundling this with your template you would be interested in knowing if the issue still exists and if so to alter your methods for the font inclusion or look at removing this item from your templates default configuration.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds