Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

500 error internal server error

• randelld
    • Hero Rocketeer

500 error internal server error

Posted 10 years 7 months ago
    • Hi,
      I am getting loads of 500 errors, Mainly in administrator back end but also when viewing the site online.
      In admin there is no particular place where it happens, installing components, entering template manager, etc. Normally a refresh gets me past it, also page loads seem to take a long time.
      My host has offered to move all of my accounts to a different server, not sure if it will help.

Do you have a suggested method of tracing where this problem is coming from as I'm stumped now.

Thanks Guys.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: 500 error internal server error

• randelld
    • Hero Rocketeer

• But i need the htaccess for security??? I also need seo. I have been getting this problem with a number of my joomla sites, all with RT templates.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Anita
    • Rocketeer

• I am having the same problem only in back end, all was fine and somewhere between installing docman and chronoforms I lost access to the template - only the cerulean rt template, I can get to the default Joomla 3.0 ones. I get the 500 error also now when I go to various parts of the administrator. This has never happened before and I always use the same host so I don't think its a hosting issue.
      I turned off SEO and htaccess regardless and turned on debug but not sure what to make of it... I can see a lot of Duplicate queries and 'NO INDEX KEY COULD BE USED'. I am not sure whether to start here with rockettheme or with Docman and Chronoforms but as its only the rockettheme template I cannot access I thought I'd give this a shot and see if anyone had run into this problem.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Anita
    • Rocketeer

• Thanks for your reply :)
      By disable you mean uninstalling them, right? Or is there another way? I know that's the logical troubleshooting step but I created a lot of forms I did not want to lose and was hoping there was a known conflict with a plugin or something.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

• Anita
    • Rocketeer

Posted 10 years 6 months ago
    • The components cannot be disabled as they are protected, there is no option to disable (not sure if theres another way around disabling protected components or why they are protected - perhaps its because they are in use, I dont know). I did uninstall Chronoforms and reinstall and whether coincidence or not I can now access the template again. Bizarre but I'm not complaining! Thanks again for taking the time to offer advice it is appreciated very much.
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Posted 10 years 6 months ago

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds