Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED CRITICAL: Fatal Error RokCommon

• JSYMedia
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Joomla plus Gantry

SOLVED CRITICAL: Fatal Error RokCommon

Posted 10 years 8 months ago
    • I have just broken my site and DESPERATELY need help fixing it. Following the explicit advice of a JomSocial employee, I uninstalled all third party software (including Rockettheme) and now my site is completely broken. The only access I have to it now is FTP. Can I upload files to the required directories? I cannot get into the backend.

thumdar.com/j25/
      Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'RokCommon: Unable to find the RokCommon library at /home/thumdar/public_html/j25/libraries/rokcommon' in /home/thumdar/public_html/j25/plugins/system/rokcommon/rokcommon.php:110 Stack trace: #0 /home/thumdar/public_html/j25/plugins/system/rokcommon/rokcommon.php(57): plgSystemRokCommon->loadCommonLib() #1 /home/thumdar/public_html/j25/libraries/joomla/plugin/helper.php(194): plgSystemRokCommon->__construct(Object(JDispatcher), Array) #2 /home/thumdar/public_html/j25/libraries/joomla/plugin/helper.php(125): JPluginHelper::_import(Object(stdClass), true, NULL) #3 /home/thumdar/public_html/j25/libraries/joomla/application/application.php(229): JPluginHelper::importPlugin('system') #4 /home/thumdar/public_html/j25/administrator/includes/application.php(81): JApplication->initialise(Array) #5 /home/thumdar/public_html/j25/administrator/index.php(34): JAdministrator->initialise(Array) #6 {main} thrown in /home/thumdar/public_html/j25/plugins/system/rokcommon/rokcommon.php on line 110
    • Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by JSYMedia.
    • JSYMedia
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Joomla plus Gantry

Re: SOLVED CRITICAL: Fatal Error RokCommon

• Anyone????
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi there,

Can you try the fix used here - www.rockettheme.com/blog/extensions/1753...schemavalidate-error

Let us know if it works.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • JSYMedia
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Joomla plus Gantry

• Thanks David, but my RokCommon was uninstalled. The only thing in the libraries/rokcommon folder is "MD5SUMS".

Is it possible to manually load the rokcommon files into the proper directories?
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi there,

it's possible to upload the missing files via ftp.
      another option to get your site back would be to disable rokcommon from inside the database.

let me know if you need further instructions. i had a post written up here 1.5 years ago:
      www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=59..._v=viewtopic#p785492

anyways in your case you would disable/remove both entries, the library and the plugin.
      make sure to take a backup of your database if you want to try this option.

kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • JSYMedia
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Joomla plus Gantry

• God bless you Kat! I'm back in. What a huge relief.

Thanks again!
    • JSYMedia
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Joomla plus Gantry

• I'm still getting the following errors:
      RokSprocket needs the RokCommon Library and Plug-in installed and enabled. The RokCommon System Plug-in needs to be before the RokSprocket System Plug-in in the Plug-in Manager
      RokGallery needs the RokCommon Library and Plug-in installed and enabled.
      RokSprocket needs the RokCommon Library and Plug-in installed and enabled. The RokCommon System Plug-in needs to be before the RokSprocket System Plug-in in the Plug-in Manager
      RokGallery needs the RokCommon Library and Plug-in installed and enabled.

I've tried installed RokSprocket but it breaks my site and I'm forced to delete all instances of RokCommon via MySql each time to get it back working. I DID manage to get RokGallery installed.

Any idea how I can get these elements back in place without breaking the site?
    • JSYMedia
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Joomla plus Gantry

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds